Licensing for Boot CD use only?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by MArt, Sep 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MArt

MArt Registered Member

I work for a company that will be using PGP encryption to secure laptops. While we used Ghost for those times when we needed to do a backup, it's won't work for encrypted volumes.

I have TI8 at home and suggested that we use it since it's compatible with PGP whole disk encryption. Since the app likely won't get installed (the thought of imaging from windows just makes me queasy) and will be used when a unit "comes into the shop" for an upgrade, how is licensing handled? We have 400 units that will be encrypted and there is no way of knowing which would need to be imaged (if ever) and when it would happen.

Also, what if we use TI to create a base image, then boot up with the CD to put the image on new hardware... would that require a license for each unit, even though the app is not installed? Are licenses transferrable? Am I asking in the wrong place??

2. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

My understanding is that you need a separate license for each machine the program is run on. Note, "run" not "installed".

F.

3. MArt

MArt Registered Member

Thanks. Ouch, but thanks.

4. K0LO

K0LO Registered Member

Check out this post and especially the reply from Acronis.

5. MArt

MArt Registered Member

That makes a lot more sense. I'll forward this thread to my manager. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.