Licensing FAQ

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by elapsed, Feb 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

This is just a thread I hope people will come to when they search as licensing questions seem to be frequent lately.

I've lost my license, what can I do?
    You can have your license restored, as long as you remember the email address you bough the license with, see here.

I'm buying a new PC and scrapping the old one, how can I transfer my license to the new pc?
    ESET licensing doesn't "scar" your PC, you can use a license on any PC, as long as it is the only one updating. So if you have a NOD32 license and wanted to move it from one PC to another, just remove NOD32 on the old PC and add the license on the new PC.

I'm going to upgrade to a new version of NOD32, do I need a new license?
    No, a license covers you for all updates, you may use any version of NOD32 you wish with a NOD32 license.

I want to downgrade from ESET Smart Security to ESET NOD32 AntiVirus, can I keep my license?
    Yes, the ESET Smart Security license allows you to download and use ESET NOD32 AntiVirus also, but be aware that the AntiVirus license does not let you download ESET Smart Security.

If you can think of any more please post them. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.