License renewal

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by direwolf, Nov 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. direwolf

direwolf Registered Member

Hello everyone,
    my one-year license for Nod32 will expire in a week and I've looked at the Eset site for a renewal option, but I can't find it: every possibility seems to lead to the download of a *new* copy of Nod after I've gotten the appropriate user ID and password.
    Since I'm convincend I'm missing it - my dumbness knows no bounds :rolleyes: - could you please point me to the proper address ?
    Thank you !! :) :)

2. MickeyTheMan

MickeyTheMan Security Expert

ESET usually sends an email a week prior to expiry, so expect that very shorthly.

3. direwolf

Thank you MtM ! :)

I will wait for that e-mail
    Bye

4. MickeyTheMan

MickeyTheMan Security Expert

But if that email is not received say 3 days prior to deadline, send an email to eset with your particulars as you won't be able to get updates as of the expiry date

5. direwolf

Thanks again, I will certainly do that.
    :)

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

You can purchase a renewal at your local distributor through our website http://www.nod32.com/purchase/purchase.htm

In addition, if you have NOD32 2.0 installed, it will notify you automatically upon update a week time before the expiry takes place.

7. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

...provided you didn't change your known email address in the meanwhile ;) If so, make sure you inform your distributor timely about your new email address!

(Hope you don't mind this adittion, Marcos).

regards.

paul

8. direwolf

Thank you both !

Yes, I have v. 2.0 installed so I can expect that reminder for tomorrow ;).

And yes, my e-mail has not changed ;)

Thanks again ! Have a nice day

9. Marcos

Hi Direwolf,

please do not rely on the automatic notification feature as there was some bug causing the function to not work properly as it was supposed to. There will be a newer component upgrade released any time soon (in particular, within a few days) which will have the problem remedied and will notify the user automatically.

If you are unsure about the exact date of expiry, please send an inquiry to support@nod32.com

10. direwolf

Hello Marcos,
    indeed there was no automatic notification, but I know already that my license is going to expire on November 30th, that is why I was looking for the right place to ask for a renewal.
    Thanks to all of you :) :) I found the correct address and I will be able to prolong my Nod's life :D for another year.
    Thanks again to everyone !

11. Grasshopper

Grasshopper Registered Member

Hi all,
    I find myself in the same shoes as Direwolf . I have purchased and been using Nod for almost a year now and am happy with the product so far , My license will expire soon and I wish to continue using Nod but I can't seem to get an answer from them about my expiry date.
    I e-mailed them using the support addy here (support@nod32.com)to explain that I wasn't sure of the expiry date and my e-mail addy has changed since I purchased their product , so I couldn't get a renewel reminder from them that way. That was 2 weeks ago and still no answer .
    Is this normally the type of support you get from Eseto_O
    I truly hope not because I like the program and do wish to continue using it .
    I had a similar prob with another security related program I use , I e-mailed their support and had an answer in 2 days not 2 weeks .
    Does anyone know why it takes Eset so long to help a customer o_O??
    Did I use the wrong e-mail addy for support o_O?
    Thanks for any help .
    Even if it is just to let me vent :D :D :D

Frank

12. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Frank,

Drop me an email (email address is in my profile) and let's see if we can sort this out ;)

regards.

paul

13. Grasshopper

Hi all ,

This will be my 3rd try at this post , I hope it works .

I'm sorry it took me so long to get back to you , Tis the season :)

Anyway , Thanks Paul for your intervention , thanks to Jan I now know when and how I have to go about renewing my NOD license.
    I am sleeping much better!!! :D :D :D

I still wonder why Eset support didn't get back to me , If I wasn't a part of this forum what would I have doneo_O?

Thanks again
    Regards
    Frank

14. Marcos

Hi Grasshoper,
    please email support@nod32.com again. Did you specify your phone number as well in case there was a problem with sending email to you? Sometimes the replies we send are returned undelivered because of a wrong email address specified, quota exceeded, antispam software installed, etc. In such case, we pass the inquiry to the US office so that they can phone the customer.

15. Grasshopper

Hi Marcos,

I am pretty sure I gave them the correct E-Mail addy and I always keep my E-Mail site cleaned up so I doubt if it was an exceeded quota . I also do not use any antispam programs .

I did E-Mail them again as you requested , and gave them my phone# as well , hopefully they will get back to me this time .

Regards,
    Frank

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.