License renewal question

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by xxJackxx, Feb 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

I renewed 5 days ago and they have not updated my expiration date. At this point it is nagging me every time I boot. I realize there was a weekend in the middle of that. How long is reasonable before I should suspect a problem? I don't recall it taking this long in previous years.

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

It shouldn't have been 5 days, weekend or not. Usually few hours. Some kind of issue it seems

3. xxJackxx

I bought it from http://www.betterantivirus.com/ as I have in previous years. I emailed them and no response. I'll give them 2 more days to respond before I look into a chargeback.

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I'll PM Webyourbusiness who works for Compsec (betterantivirus.com, contact information is available here). Also I'll generate a 1-month trial license for you which you can use in the mean time.

5. xxJackxx

Thanks Marcos.

6. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

I have reached out to xxJackxx to find out the order number / email / name on the relevant email - is there is ANY difference in license, these get held-up or rejected by ESET when we process them - I need to find out if that is the case here.

For Cudni to say it takes a few hours is laughable - the emails from ESET themselves say it can take up to 48 hours from when we get a successful update - and recent changes in the renewal order processing system are highlighting more "user errors" - where a customer has purchased the wrong license - we deal with many of these per day (might not be the case here) - when that happens,

1. we have to correctly identify the correct license type and number of computers
    2. generate an "adjustment quote/invoice"
    3. send that to the customers
    4. either they
    - a.they pay the the adjustment and we amend the order and process the renewal
    or
    - b. we have to request an alteration to the license from ESET - which can take 72 hours (they don't work weekends - although we do) - THEN - we can process the renewal as the altered renewal

I am sure we can get to the bottom of this and get this renewal handled today - a chargeback is NOT an answer - any customer who places a chargeback is placed on a blacklist - we don't do business that way - we prefer to communicate with customers via email/support-desk/phone <<-- remember the phone!!

It doesn't matter who you do business with - doing a chargeback is a really bad way of attempting to communicate with your vendor and should always be the LAST resort.

We will get this sorted though - I personally guarantee it.

7. terradon

terradon Registered Member

webyourbusiness, your reply is an example of customer service at its worst. Why would it take 6 days and a pm from Marcos before there was any recognition that there was a problem with the order. In fact, you had to ask for the order details, so it still wasn't recognized.

You wrote, "I am sure we can get to the bottom of this and get this renewal handled today - a chargeback is NOT an answer - any customer who places a chargeback is placed on a blacklist - we don't do business that way - we prefer to communicate with customers via email/support-desk/phone <<-- remember the phone!!"

You must have missed that Jack had sent an email but had no response. He intended to wait another 2 days before looking into a chargeback. All he wanted was a response! Not a resolution; a response!! I'm sorry, it's a sad reflection on your commitment to customer service if you think that 3 days is too short of a time to receive a response to an email after already waiting 6 days for an order to process.

I'll bet you'd get a lot more done, if it weren't for the damn customers!

8. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

Must be the way I tell them. Try not to make a joke of your standards though. Otherwise, as probably not in this case, once the email is received apparently it takes hours to activate as it should.
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=337983

9. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

hate to say i agree, we deal with clients all day long all week ourselves and i respond to clients even at hours that other companies would be asleep. i dont have "hours" technically i check and respond to emails at all times unless im sleeping to which i do little of anymore lol i have to much work on my hands most of the time. and even then i have employees working for me to handle my 24hour emergency calls / emails when i know i will be sleeping / not available. we also deal directly face to face with more then probably 2-3000 clients plus the online ones. i know eset does not work weekends but when was the weekend? its been 3 days since then and he did not get a response. i do not mean to sound rude here at all but the way you came off i feel warrants the above quoted response as well as cudni's response. seems your response just blames the user in *almost* every case and while that may not be the case here it is very strongly insinuated, instead of just a apology and getting right on this. i do not work for eset BUT i am a eset customer myself of many lic's just so its known

Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
  10. xxJackxx

The issue has been taken care of. A chargeback was only going to be a last resort if I got no reply. I really did not expect to have to. I certainly did not mean to set an angry tone. This thread exploded way beyond my original intent. I wish to thank everyone that assisted, particularly Marcos and webyourbusiness. :thumb:

11. webyourbusiness

Terradon - if there was a problem with an order placed with us, we email the customer usually within minutes of receiving the order and detecting the order problem - if they place the order in the middle of the night, that response will generally come at around 6AM when we START work - and the responses are sent as late as 10PM - when we FINISH work.

We have recently changed our processes to manually CHECK every single order, instead of placing them into the ESET system and waiting for them to NOT COME BACK.

ESET's system historically did not give us an "exception report" - the only way we know there is a problem is when the system simply "does nothing" - which from a programming perspective is really quite tedious (I have 20+ years systems development - so I really do know).

However, when emailing customers, we have noted that these emails are sent through the online store system and can get junk filtered - and - I hate to say it - not even read. I am not saying it was the case here at all - but we do NOT simply "do nothing".

Now - with regards the helpdesk - I am one of THREE people in our company who responds to helpdesk tickets - this weekend I was not working - I was sick with the flu - not an excuse - but a fact. During this weekend I was not dealing with helpdesk - due to this flu.

We actually have tens of thousands of repeat ESET customers - and incidents where we are called out for "poor customer service" are CERTAINLY not the norm - Now - that does not mean we are perfect- far from it - we are human and mistakes happen - issues fall through the cracks once in a while - "stuff happens" - as I explained - sickness and snow-storms happened this weekend and I am in the process of finding out why "my backup" didn't handle helpdesk when I was unable to. I certainly don't expect it to take days to get back to a customer and when I look at this ticket - it was NOT 6 days from receipt of ticket - nowhere even CLOSE - not even a full day elapsed. So please stop trying to make out like we dropped this for 6 days - we did not and implying we did is an outright LIE. In fact - if I look at the time-stamps on the helpdesk ticket and this thread - it actually looks like the helpdesk ticket was created AFTER the thread.

As a long term reseller of ESET (9+ years) - we have supplied everything from end-users, to police departments, local government and even NASA - we have and will remain, committed to customer service and the ESET product range. If you are one of our customers - and have a problem - please CALL me - We area small company - and we do answer our phones - and we do respond to voicemails - I am the co-owner (with my wife) - anyone who has a problem with our customer service - is WELCOMED to call me personally.

If you have a problem with me - call my co-owner (and wife):

Owner 1: Me: Greg Hewitt-Long - +1 970-744-7300 my extension is 101.
    Owner 2: My wife: Dianne Stayton - +1 970-744-7300 - her extension is 102

Don't want to talk to an owner - talk to Jeremy - his extension is 121.

That's it - the entire company - got any more problems - call ESET - their number is 619-876-5400 - and their offices and helpdesk are manned for a LOT LESS HOURS IN THE WEEK THAN OURS.

I'm done with this thread now - the issue is resolved - the customers renewal has been processed well before it was anywhere close to expired - the matter is CLOSED.

Mods - please close this thread.

12. webyourbusiness

xxJackxx - thank you for your continued business - I see from your records that you have been a customer of ours since 2007 - and that you have been using ESET for even longer than that. We do value your business - as we value all our customers. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me if you have *any* further issues. You should now have my personal contact details.

kind regards

Greg (webyourbusiness).

13. terradon

terradon Registered Member

Greg,
    You seem to reply in haste and anger. Good customer service requires that you fully understand the issue and what is being said. You apparently wanted to challenge me rather than re-read the original post. If you had you would have seen that on Feb 26 at 1:56pm, Jack posted that 5 days ago, he had renewed but the program was still nagging him to renew. You replied yesterday, Feb 27 at 1:01pm that you had reached out to him. When I went to school 5+1=6. That would be the 6 days to which I was referring.

You continued your tirade and then abruptly declared the issue over. The specific issue may be resolved, but you need some serious coaching on how to handle customer complaints. Your online response will forever be out there for everyone to see.

14. xxJackxx

Seconded. The issue is resolved and I have no complaints. No need to argue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.