License question

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by DooGie, Jan 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DooGie

DooGie Registered Member

I run a machine with XP and have 1 license for NOD32.
    I've created a new partition on one of my hard drives and have installed Windows 7 on it.
    Do I need a second license to run NOD32 on this partition?

2. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

Tricky question, since it's basically two different computers in one I would say you would need two different licenses. But since you're testing windows 7 why not just install the v4 beta which is free.

3. DooGie

DooGie Registered Member

Cheers. I should have thought of that myself as I'm already running v4 beta on the XP partition :)

4. DooGie

DooGie Registered Member

An update on this which may be of use to others.

I contacted ESETs' sales department about the above licence question. Their reply was as follows.

"If you are dual booting then you only have one OS running at any one time so you only need one licence for Eset.
    The v4 software was released yesterday so you can download it using your normal Eset username and password."

Unfortunately just after emailing them I'd noticed the link on their site to upgrade my existing licence to two licences and paid for the upgrade :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.