License issue: laptop both wired and wireless

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by Kiepkiep, Jul 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kiepkiep

Kiepkiep Registered Member

Hello everyone,

I have a laptop in my network that's sometimes connected wireless to the network and sometimes it's wired. It shows up two times in Eset Remote Administration Console and it thereby consumes two licenses. I there a solution to this behaviour?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,
    Martijn

2. jimwillsher

jimwillsher Registered Member

It might not be an issue with the wired/wireless. We frequently get computers which show up twice, e.g. LAPPC01 and LAPPC01 0001. We find that this happens most frequently after we've upgraded the ESET software.

Does it still show up twice after a reboot, and after manually deleting it (them) from the console?

Jim

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Do you have "MAC address renaming (from valid to another valid)" enabled in the advanced ERA server setup?

4. Kiepkiep

Kiepkiep Registered Member

@jimwillsher
    Which one should I delete then? Does it rename automatically later on?

@Marcos
    What's the effect? Isn't this just to make sure that a computer that has its name changed will change its name in ERA as well?

Thanks guys, much appreciated!

Martijn

5. SmackyTheFrog

SmackyTheFrog Registered Member

By default the RAS uses the system's active MAC address to build each clients primary key to signify a valid entry. Allowing MAC address renaming will disable this and allow an individual client to have multiple MAC addresses report in at various times but not use up additional and unnecessary licenses.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.