License information multiple ERAS Servers

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by coiter, Apr 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coiter

coiter Registered Member

i have 4 eras servers on 4 different locations. How do i enable all 4 to use the same license file from the upper most eras server?

It doesnt seem like the repliaction system picks up this information when i try to replicate, when installing the eras server without license file. Just shows as "Limited Evaluation Copy" in the ERAS Console.

Other way is that i install the .lic file on each eras server, but that cant be right, because then i have 200 licenses to use on each server, and gain 600 more licenses then i paid for,which isnt right.

so am i missing something? This is all v3.0

2. bdmc

bdmc Registered Member

But on your top level replication server, you will still only have the 200 licences. So you will only be able to have 200 clients in total. I have just installed the full licence on all ERAS.

3. coiter

coiter Registered Member

ye, but with this system that i have set up, the only thing that happens is that the top tier eras server wont report it, but if go to the lower tier eras, they can still manage many more clients.

to give an example.
    i have enabled in configfile that all clients points to http://NODUPDATE, this allows me to use 1 config file for the entire organization.

NODUPDATE is not a real server, but a alias records in DNS, that points to several servers, as i have 1 ERAS server on each location, and using different subnets for each location.

Due to the setup of this, the client will connect to the nearest NODUPDATE server no matter where he sits in the world, and even if the upper tier server wont show any more clients in its overview, it can still manage many more on the lower tier servers.

If i dont control the enviroment of when clients are introduced to the network, i have to keep monitoring the other eras servers manually, and not being able to trust what the upper tier server tells me.

thats where my problem is.

Once a ERAS Server is installed in demo mode, and replication enabled, it should replicate the license settings aswell, so that one license is installed on the upper tier server only, and rest is replicated to maintain control of the enviroment of which licenses are used.

maybe something for future versions?

4. bdmc

bdmc Registered Member

That's how I have my DNS set up at each site too.

I agree with what you are saying, it would be nice for it to work that way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.