License extending/renewing

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Vadia, Jan 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vadia

Vadia Registered Member

Hello,
    NOD32 Antivirus Business Edition license ends 2010.01.31. I have requested renewing from local seller, and wrote that want to have the same Login and Pass as it was, because i have 60 licenses and pc's and it's very difficult to change all logins and pass (yes, i have remote administration). So, I received renewing from local seller yesterday, but there were new Login and Pass. Seller said there was only one option to renew, and is't must be so how it is :( But one or two years ago, i was renewing the license through another seller and got the same license Login and pass as i had and everything was fine!
    Please tell me, how is it with renewing? Is it/was it possible to do how i want? Is my seller :thumbd: :gack: :thumbd: or not?

2. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Hello Vadia,

Contact your reseller to inform them of the incorrect transaction. Resellers have the ability to renew your license while allowing you to keep your current username and password. The reseller will then need to contact our sales department to correct this.

Thank you,
    Richard

3. Vadia

Vadia Registered Member

Thank for answer. I have contacted with reseller - with Eset representative in my country (Lithuania) - NOD Baltic. They said that my seller made a mistake and had to set some check box, but didn't done it. And NOD Baltic said that now cannot help me, because the old key is already unusable, and i must use a new one.
    By the way WHO really could help me (how you said) - seller who got license from ESET representive in Lithuania, or ESET representavive? Who must contact with your sales department? Because i see that nobody (in my country) want to DO somethink for me to change the situation :mad: But "there will be blood"... ;)

Last edited: Jan 27, 2010
  4. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Hello Vadia,

An ESET sales representative would have the ability to correct this. Your reseller should contact them so that they have a record of the correct username and password that you are using. If they do not contact the ESET sales department, get in contact with our main office. Their information is below:

Email: sales@eset.eu
    Phone: +421 (2) 59305311

Please let me know if this works. If not, my last option would be retrieving your information and asking the channel manager from that region if they can assist.

Thank you,
    Richard

5. Vadia

Vadia Registered Member

I've got a letter from seller, that old key is recovered!

How I know, I must wait about a day while info will be updated, and program will begin to see that license valid until 2011 01 31.

So old login and pass will work, but I don't know if old key (nod32.lic) will work in RA or I need to put there a new one? Or new one will be deleted and old key will be extended... Anyway the most imported is that old login and pass will work :)

Richard, thank you very match for help, without it reseller would made a fool of me :doubt:

6. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Just to be on the safe side, I would suggest importing your new license key and restarting the ESET Remote Administrator service.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

7. Vadia

Vadia Registered Member

Old license is extended. Everything works fine! Thank to all! :thumb:

8. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

We strongly recommend updating clients in LAN from the central mirror unless they are mobile clients with notebooks or clients at different locations where you cannot distribute updates via ERA servers. Updating from a mirror has several advantages:
    - no need to enter the username and password (UP) on clients if the UP changes (e.g. if you renew the license and acquire a new UP)
    - save network bandwidth
    - higher chance of getting updates at once in the event of staggered updates (e.g. if a program update is released)

9. Vadia

Vadia Registered Member

Uhu, that's would be better to update from LAN, but only ~20 PC have near a RA server, other PC's are in different locations (different city's) with slow intercompany VPN connection (traffic: Terminal with Axapta + AD LDAP), but with a good internet connection. So for me it's better to have less problems when all pc's are updating the same way.
    Therefore I don't use WSUS (windows update server) to update pc's from LAN.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.