License Expiration

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Suntail, Mar 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Suntail

Suntail Registered Member

I bought 2 4-packs for NOD32 antivirus from a third-party vendor (Amazon), and afterwards realized I only needed one. Will the license that I bought but never used expire from the date of my first activation, or the date of purchase? (Can I say, keep it for three years, then use the second pack?)

Last edited: Mar 13, 2013
  2. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

The clock shouldn't start ticking until you activate. But if you bought a 4 pack all 4 will start at the same time. If you bought a second 4 pack then it won't start expiring until you activate it once. If I am correctly understanding what you bought.

-That is if you got key numbers. If you got username/password they start expiring at purchase.

3. Suntail

Suntail Registered Member

Excellent. Just to make sure, even if I wait til my current three-year license is up, the other one still won't expire?

4. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

If what you bought was a key/serial and not a username/password, which it most likely would be if you bought it from Amazon, then it should not start until activated. The username/password starts ticking immediately. But 3 years is a long time, so maybe some clarification from an ESET staff member might be good to answer how long they allow licenses to remain valid. One of them will probably post an answer at some point.

5. dwomack

dwomack Eset Staff Account

If you purchased ESET from Amazon.com, then you most likely purchased our retail boxed version of NOD32 Antivirus. Each CD is good for one year and valid for either 1-user or 3-users depending on which option you purchased.

As xxJackxx mentioned, your license period begins the moment you activate your license key. This is done either during installation (at the end) or from our activation page. The licenses for the other CDs will not begin counting down until you activate the license keys for each CD. Each key (CD) is a separate one-year license.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.