license details have vanished

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by stratoc, Mar 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stratoc

stratoc Guest

hi, (having a bad day) after i entered my email address and license number on the program and pressed validate all seemed fine after a few reboots it still all seemed fine, however today after starting my pc i noticed the email address and license windows were blank?
    i have deleted my emails, i paid a little extra to have my license number stored i didnt think i would need it till i replaced my pc, i have used the contact l&s, but as yet have no reply, have i missed something? i have changed nothing, is it still validated? doesnt look it, and any idea how this happened?
    thank you.

2. stratoc

stratoc Guest

what i mean is, is it normal for my email and serial number boxes to be blank?
    thanks.

3. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Hi,

A copy of the initial registration email is sent to you.

No, the serial & email address should not disappear after the reboot.
    Maybe you logged through another user account (each user has his own settings, and this applies to the registration info too).
    If you were using only one account, after entering and validating the serial again, quit/restart Look 'n' Stop to check if the serial remains.
    If it remains, everything is OK.
    If it remains but vanished again at next reboot, there is something strange with the registry (some automatic cleanup/restoration ?).
    If it doesn't remain, something prevents Look 'n' Stop to write to the registry, and normally some other settings would be affected too.

Regards,

Frederic

Last edited: Mar 4, 2008
  4. stratoc

stratoc Guest

hi frederick and thank you for your help, all seems ok now the day before they vanished i used cclceaner and registry mech, i shall look more carefully next time i run them, and i have now 'ahem' saved a hard copy of my license details.
    thanks again love the program.

5. stratoc

stratoc Guest

and sorry for mis-spelling your name.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.