License details changed, how do I apply this to remote clients in the simplest way?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by bigdoubleya, May 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigdoubleya

bigdoubleya Registered Member

Hi

Currently running:

ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4.0.37.0

ESET Remote Administrator Console 3.1.15

I have about 100 laptop users that are configured to update using 2 profiles, normal policy is to update when on site (behind our proxy server) using a server (no user / password required) and an Internet profile that contacts the ESET servers. This requires the username / password supplied with our license.

Unfortunately the username and password changed recently and I need to roll these details out to all the users without their intervention.

I have updated the configuration so that new laptops will receive the correct .xml when installation happens but what's the easiest way of rolling out the new config to those already installed?

I should mention that the users have a fair amount of autonomy on the systems and have firewalls on / off which is affecting my ability to do push installs.

I also do NOT want to do anything that will require me changing Group Policy or logon scripts for many organisational reasons that I do not want to go into.

Thanks

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

The best would be to ask the distributor to cancel the new license and prolong the previous one. Otherwise you'll need to configure a policy on the server so that clients connecting to ERAS will receive a configuration with the new U/P.

3. bigdoubleya

bigdoubleya Registered Member

That's an interesting and simple idea, all computers connect to the ERAS server.

I assume I could choose to filter which ones update by computername so that only the laptops get the new config.

Any tips on where I might find the information I'm looking for to be able to rollout this solution?

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.