License Deactivation

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by nintendoman, Aug 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nintendoman

nintendoman Registered Member

Im just wondering in which order to deactivate the prevx license using Myprevx.
    Becuase i am going to reformat my computer in which i run Prevx 3.0 and install Windows 7.
    Should i deactivate the license in Myprevx and then reformat. Or the other way around?

Best Regards
    Alex

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Hello,
    Either way works fine :) Please let us know if you have any questions during the process!

3. nintendoman

nintendoman Registered Member

Thanks!
    For the quick reply. :)
    Does the activation deactivation somehow stop the number of activation attempts exceeded. Or how does it work?

Ive had to reinstall prevx 3 from my other computer recently due to a problem with it. And i didnt know i could deactivate it before i should do it. But i could just use the same license again without any problem, which was great.
    And I just wanted to say congrats to all of you for this awesome security program. Ive actually before used Prevx 2 in trial mode. But i havent really bought a license until now recently. Im ashamed i didnt bought it earlier. :ouch: Its so powerful

It has completly replaced all the other security products i use as the main and only one.:D

4. PrevxHelp

Yes, after x number of changes, the system will start warning if you try and make further changes.

This is the result in most cases, but there are some times that would require additional deactivation on our end - if you do run into this again, please let us know and we'll reset it for you ASAP :)

Thanks! :D Glad to hear it!

5. jsecure

jsecure Registered Member

Hi,

I figured rather than start a new thread I would just reply to this one.
    It seems the forum pm system isn't working at the moment.

I've also been trying out some of the Windows 7 releases to decide whether in the fall I will be able to run 64 bit with some older but needed software.

Well, I followed the procedure to manage my laptop on myprevx, deactivating it each time. I just got error CHK007, so I am unable to reactivate prevx again on the same laptop. Perhaps there should be a loose hardware code tied to the machine to avoid this inconvenience (and maybe a warning that you have a limited number of deactivations). Prevx requires an internet connection to the server(s), so it's not like one could use the same license on more than one machine anyway.

It would also be nice if I could delete machine entries on myprevx, because again, it's the same machine, even with the same computer name.

Thanks!

6. PrevxHelp

The reason why we have to lock down licenses is because of cleanup: otherwise users could buy one license and clean up 100 PCs with it :doubt: If you could PM me your license key, I'll get it reset ASAP :)

We are working on a change to our licensing which will tie it much better to the PC itself which should reduce complaints but it is still a few weeks away.

7. jsecure

jsecure Registered Member

Ah, I see. I have PM-ed you. Thanks for the support!

8. PrevxHelp

You're welcome :) I've responded by PM, you should be able to use your license now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.