Licence question

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by rollers, Apr 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rollers

rollers Registered Member

Hi, I have looked on the eset site and cannot find an answer for this one,

I own a licence for ESS, and I understand that I can also use the AV only with that licence. However, if I go to only the av, when I come to renew my licence, can I renew it as the AV only? and not have to renew at ESS price if I am not using it?
    Thanks
    Rollers

2. rollers

Anyone?

3. rollers

Mmmm no replies. The sellers are eerily quiet too.

Ok...................anybody want to guess?

4. denno

denno Registered Member

Where are you located? Is EAV actually cheaper than ESS where you are? Here in Australia at least, renewal costs are presently the same whether it's for EAV or ESS; there's no differentiation.

That said, I myself wonder what will happen eventually. Afterall, they have developed a new program/AV with a firewall component and that costs money. IMO, I expect the renewal/new licence fees for ESS to become a little more expensive than plain EAV. They might choose to leave it as is, but who knows.. only their sales/management team :)

5. rollers

Hi, thanks for your reply.
    I am in the UK, still awaiting a reply from the sellers. Eset themselves were very quick to reply to my original question but referred me to the uk seller.
    Its not the worlds most important question as I am very happy with the nod32 av, but nevertheless I don't want to pay for ESS if its more and only use the AV. I hope you are right about the single renewal. I will post up when I eventually get a reply from Aspect systems.
    Regards Rollers

6. rollers

Have heard back from aspect systems, the uk reseller and yes, I can renew at AV only prices. Just need to call them nearer the time.
    At least that answers that :)

Rollers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.