Licence Question

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by TouchuvGrey, Dec 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TouchuvGrey

TouchuvGrey Registered Member

One of the factors that influenced my purchase of an unlimited
    licence from Ewido was that by purchasing the unlimited licence
    i could install Ewido on up to 4 machines with one licence.

In looking through the AVG website the closest i could
    find to an answer as to whether that was the case with AVG
    was a mention that a new purchaser would need to buy 1
    licence per computer.

My question is, can i still use Ewido/AVG on 4 machines with
    one licence ?

Mike

2. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

Well, as someone who did purchase an unlimited license, this is news to me. See here as well.

Blue

3. TouchuvGrey

4. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

Well, I'm with you on that. Currently, the site says this:
    The reference you quoted is an informational FAQ, ultimately the EULA holds a dominant position and from later posts in that thread, the license seems unambiguous. Not sure why the FAQ at the time and the license text did not agree, perhaps it was a leftover, it could also have been a legacy link that was no longer current. Who knows, but it is confusing to say the least.

Blue

5. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

When I purchased the lifetime license, I asked the quesion re two machines. Peter answered that it was not really intended, but would be OK at that time.
    I cannot prove that as I did not keep the thread. That was a long time ago, and whether the thread could be called up I don't know.

It seems that more and more companies are permitting two or three computers on one license, but not all by any means.
    When I purchased the lifetime license for SuperAntiSpyware the second license was much less expensive.
    For me, I do not object to paying slightly more for a second license. I think something like half price is a reasonable amount. Of course if the license permits several on one license that is even better.

I do realize that the folks that work must eat and clothe their families. Offering a free version is a good thing, and does show that there is some concern for those who cannot or will not afford the paid version.

I think that some of us expect too much in the area of freebies, and multiple licenses at no additional cost. I personally am pleased with the way AVG has handled all this so far.

Best,
    Jerry

6. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, JerryM

Do you mean these:- Question #16 and Answer #19. :doubt:

Just search for JerryM under Official ewido Support Forum in search and you will find I8 threads you have posted in. :D

That is what I asked about in the same thread as yours above, #8, but was never responded to. :(

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

Last edited: Dec 19, 2006
  7. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Here is what I was going on, although I believe there was another semi approval answer. Here is post.
    "Old February 1st, 2006, 01:39 AM
    Infrequent Poster

Default Re: ewido anti-malware plus upgrade to unlimited updates
    From the Ewido faq

"As long as all computers are only used by the same person, a single license can be used on all computers (e.g. one license for desktop PC and notebook). If these computers are used by more than one person (e.g. the whole family) you need to buy one license per computer."

No one but me uses either computer. If that has been changed, and AVg wants me to buy an additional license for my laptop then that is not a big deal.

Jerry

8. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, JerryM

Same as me, but it does not applie to me at this moment in time as I a playing with Vista on my Laptop and AVG AS does no support Vista [to my knowledge]. :'(

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

9. TouchuvGrey

I was just looking through this board and a noticed this https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=849717&postcount=1

I would think from that, that whatever number of machines i had running Ewido, i can now have running AVG AS. Though it still seems to me that they are saying different things in different places. ( Possibly just a lack of communication)

Mike

10. JonPaulOnLine

JonPaulOnLine Registered Member

-----------------------------------------------------------------
    No ,
    The license was always for One computer-See attached posting from a member of the "Software Company Team" .... The person you quoted above does not appear to be a member of that Team, just a Poster like you and I........

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.