Licence not valid for updates

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by zarzenz, Nov 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zarzenz

zarzenz Registered Member

About 2 weeks ago I received an email from ESET UK informing me that I could have a free upgrade to NOD32 V3.

I went to the download as linked in the email. However even though it appeared to download successfully after entering my current licence details, on trying to run the install I got some sort of error message which from memory was to do with the windows installer.

So... I left the whole operation as at the time there was also what seemed like bad reports on this forum of bugs and problems etc.

Anyway, today I decided to try again as some people seem to find it ok and I do like to have the latest versions of software if possible.

This time I didn't go to the download via the email link, but instead found it myself using the ESET UK site. I entered my licence details again and the 15Mb download to my XP started and completed fine.

Then I ran the download after uninstalling V2.7... no problems at all... it installed perfectly this time.

However, now I have a problem.

On connecting to the net, the program kicks in the auto update, and then it tells me my licence details are not valid.

I am using my current username/password and I was allowed to download the program using these same details. Also ESET UK told me in the email that I could upgrade to the Antivirus V3 for free using my current details.

Is this a known issue?

I wish to continue using V3 as it looks good... first impressions of the interface are encouraging. Obviously I will need to evaluate it now myself but if it is not updating the latest definitions then I will be forced to return to V2.7 in a very short period of time.

EDIT> It is updating now. Not sure why, but whatever the reason, I'm able to continue using V3 so it should be interesting to see how it works out for me.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.