licence migration option or lack of

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by grizz, Nov 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grizz

grizz Registered Member

ok saw there was a option to migrate the licence on the uk site
    put in my details and it says details not found is this because it was purchased in the usao_O
    if go on eset.com to try put the info on there i just get redirected back to the uk, just going round in circles here, is this to make sure we have no option but to buy in the uk :cautious:
    software is very good but all this jumping through hoops is doing my head in o_O

2. The Nodder

The Nodder Registered Member

Go to www.betterantivirus.com

you can do it there, I'm in the UK & got the pre-order done no problem last saturday.

AND, your existing licence (if you have one) will be added on to the new one.
    AND, you are saving a lot of money by not buying in the UK.

HTH

3. EnGenie

EnGenie Registered Member

You certainly will save A LOT of money.

My current NOD32 license expires in July 2008.

I was quoted £37.38 (inc VAT) to migrate my license to ESS (same expiry date - so this is for about 8 months).

At www.betterantivirus.com I can upgrade my license to ESS for an additional 2 years (expiry July 2010) for just $75.99 ( = £ 36.18 ).

That's 2 years 8 months for less than the price of 8 months!

Bit of a no-brainer really :D

webyourbusiness will definitely have my business if I choose to upgrade to ESS. :)

Has your pre-order been processed yet and have you received your license Nodder?

Last edited: Nov 7, 2007
  4. MrMonk

MrMonk Registered Member

I too am in the UK and I've just followed suit and used the USA site to upgrade from AV2.7 to ESS3.0 for two years (as seems to be the cheaper option and get more for your bucks so to speak!)

Immediately had my email with the download details and a temporary username, but when try to download ESS3 using the link and temporary details provided, it doesn't authenticate me and doesn't let me download it! (The download details in the email seems to refer to NOD32 AV2.7 despite me upgrading to ESS from 2.7!?);

Products
    ------------------------------------------------------
    1 x NOD32 Antivirus Version 2.7 - Upgrade to ESET Smart Security - 2 Years (AV2SS-2)

NOD32 Antivirus 2.7
    TEMPORARY USERNAME: EAV-xxxxxxxx
    TEMPORARY PASSWORD: xxxxxxxxxx
    DOWNLOAD LOCATION: http://www.betterantivirus.com/download/

Is this normal - as eager to download it and use it :)

5. The Nodder

The Nodder Registered Member

Yes, the username on the email has expired & I emailed them about that.

Anyway,go to the UK site and download the trial version.
    fill in the details requested.
    A temporary username & password will be emailed to you.
    then use the link in the email to get to the download page.
    Click on download and & enter the username etc .
    Install it using the username etc.

When you get the "proper" username from USA enter it into ESS and that's it, no need to re-install. It's the updated 556 version.

Mine is running a treat, great stuff.

there is a problem that is apparently unresolved with usernames etc but you will get them. I haven't got mine yet, I emailed ESET USA & betterantivirus and I'm assured I'll get them ASAP. I don't doubt that at all.

6. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

Eset has a LONG list of licenses we have issues with - their system was kind of messed up on 5th - and people got Eset Antivirus licenses instead of Eset Smart Security - if you purchased from us, and have an incorrect license, please visit our support page and open a ticket - we have Eset working on a lot, but don't want to miss you...

http://support.compsecglobal.com/

Might I remind everyone though - we serve the USA and Canada - your proper channels are via your own distributors - we do not solicit business from overseas - although it does happen from time to time by accident.

7. MrMonk

MrMonk Registered Member

Thanks for the advice Nodder, I was just about to do that when the 'proper/final' username/password mail arrived from ESet (was nice and quick, wasn't really expecting that until tomorrow at the earliest). Download and installed from the one in the mail and works a treat.

Thanks all! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.