LG 8700 Shine

Discussion in 'hardware' started by xMarkx, Jan 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xMarkx

xMarkx Registered Member

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the right section or forum for this problem, but I don't know what else to do...

My dad got an LG 8700 Shine with Telus.

He has taken some pictures with it and wants to upload them to his computer which is running Windows XP (Home Edition SP2 32-bit).

However, apon plugging in the phone to his computer via a USB Cable, it says he needs to download the drivers from the internet or insert the CD-ROM with the drivers that came with the phone.

The phone didn't come with any drivers on a CD or anything. Also, he doesn't have internet on his computer but that doesn't seem to matter because I simply can't find the drivers on the internet (ie: the LG website which is where the drivers should be as LG is the manufactor of the phone) anyways!

He is going to the store he got the phone from tomorrow to ask if they have the drivers. But, if they did, they probably would have given them to him to begin with and I'm not even sure if drivers exist for it anyways?

What should I do? This is really annoying me, and making my dad feel like he wasted his money on this phone.

2. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

Did the phone come with a memory card included? Usually they are either an sd card or micro sd card. The micro one you need a little pair of tweezers to get it out as they sometimes put them under the phone's battery, also to put a micro card into the computer you need to get a bigger sleeve to fit it in first. Any computer type store sells them.

If there is one, just move the pictures to it using the phone's menu and then take out the memory card, stick it in the computer and copy and paste the photos on it to your computer. No need for cables or drivers :)

3. xMarkx

xMarkx Registered Member

Hi,

Thanks for your reply!

His computer doesn't have Bluetooth and it doesn't have a media card reader.

It didn't come with a memory card (sd/micro sd).

4. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

5. pandlouk

pandlouk Registered Member

Hi,

you must go at the http://www.lgmobile.com .There you must select your country/region and after that you must download an LG software that will assist you in downloading the necessary manual, software, etc. for your fathers cellular.

Panagiotis

6. LenC

LenC Registered Member

As a temporary solution, you should be abale to send pictures to an email address.

Tedious way of doing things, you probably have to send one at a time. I've done it occasionally - in an emergency.

7. xMarkx

xMarkx Registered Member

Hello,

I purchased a microSD card.

I can now just select "USB MASS STORAGE" in the tools menu and the computer recognizes the USB MASS STORAGE device!

However, every time I take a picture or video, I have to manually 'move' it from the phone where it is saved, to the microSD card so that the computer and pick it up.

Is there anyway to make it so all pictures and videos will be automatically saved to the microSD card instead of the phone? It would save a lot of time.

Thanks!

8. xMarkx

xMarkx Registered Member

It's been a few days now,

Does anyone know of anyway to: make it so that all pictures and videos will be automatically saved to the microSD card instead of the phone?

Regards,
    Mark.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.