Let's talk some Video Games!

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by Billy Blaze, Apr 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Capp

Capp Registered Member

I don't play many online games any more. The one I played most was Shadowbane. It was great until UBI screwed it up royally by combining servers!!

I play console games and I enjoy digging out some oldies (NES, Genesis, etc..). I like sport games (Tiger Woods, Madden) and FPS's.

For those who love the oldies...check this out and see how many you recognize:
    http://ebaumsworld.com/nintendoacapella.html It's pretty interesting.

2. Billy Blaze

Billy Blaze Registered Member

From what I hear about the game Detox, you will probably not be disappointed. Maybe give the trial a run or see if they have lowered its price in stores.

Star Wars Republic Commando does sound like a disappointment. But at least you were able to finish the game. I can not tell you how many games I have tried to finish, but just couldn't because they were just so bad.

Oh another old addicting game I can remember playing is Heroes of Might and Magic II. Very fun :)

I like the Madden series on PS and PS2 as well. Have been buying them all since 98. 2005 was kind of a disappoinment though. They changed some of the controls that I was so familiar with in 2004 (especially the defensive audibles). I think 2004 was the best I have played so far.

3. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

I played Medieval: Total War. I had a mixed opinion of it. However, the later games, like Rome: Total War are really nice.

4. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

My wife and I played together (Hotseat MP) Heroes of Might and Masgic 1-4 :D

Good games also - just wish there were more cooperative maps to play.

5. Billy Blaze

Yeah they definitely needed more maps in Heroes of Might and Magic. I remember my brother tried to make his own maps with the editor but they were pretty bad :D

I also just got Guild Wars and have installed it on my computer. Installation was painless and dramatically shorter than the WoW installation. The interface looks clean and the graphics are amazing. Once I put some actual playing time into it maybe I can post a review. Dividing time between GW and WoW is not going to be easy, especially on weekdays :)

6. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

MMORPG if I am not mistaken? The only ones I've played have been text-based telnet games - those were a lot of fun as well. It is hard to imagine a game without graphics till ya play one and start meeting other to join up with etc, but then it is a ton of fun. I stay away from any and all MMPRPGs now as they just take up too much time... and all the ones with graphics have monthly fees. I just can't reconcile that to myself as I only wantt o pay for a game once, after that it should work without further input or I won't do it ;-)

Oh for playing through 1-2 times I found both Gothic and Gothic 2 to be a LOT of fun also.

7. AXIS

AXIS Registered Member

do anyone of u has played championship manager

8. Michael_aust

Michael_aust Registered Member

I have played champ manager. Its my type of game thouhg I dont like football/soccer. From what i found it was boring but that is just because of my lack of interest in the sport.

I quit like golden eye on the n 64. That really was a good shoot em up. theu brought out that perfect dark ok yeh it had a better multi player mode you ocul have teams but the whol game pretty much sucked ass. It was someything about golden eye that made it good. I remember playing castle wolfenstein the original when i have a windows 3.1 machine. the hours of joy i got from that. Never got any where near finnishing it. Iwas never a fan of quake or doom.

Best ever mutliplayer games online iv played are ranbow six the orgiginal one and delta force 2. I would like to have a go of ones 0f those games where it has to be played online. dont know what there called but the whoel world is set on line and you can do what ever you want practily like setting up your own gangs. I thik that star wars galaxys was one. Has anyone played these types of games. What are they like?

9. Billy Blaze

Guildwars is an MMORPG but not really. I only put like maybe half an hour into it yesterday but it is pretty much like everyone has been saying. What kind of makes it different from traditional MMORPG is that when you go into certain areas of the game (like leave a town) it begins an instance. So basically you are the only one in that area. This begins something like a Diablo II kind of gameplay as you will not see any other RL online players. However you can also group with other RL online players in town and go to these instances together. You do not have to worry about monthly fees with Guild Wars so that is nice. What I think they will do is start releasing expansion packs with more playable races and other content. But from what I understand you are not obligated to buy these expansions if you do not want to, and it shouldnt have any effect to your game.

My friend tells me Winning Eleven is the only worthwhile football/soccer game to play. The screen shots are pretty amazing for the game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.