let the firewall be smarter please.

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products Beta' started by Galaxykiss, Feb 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Galaxykiss

Galaxykiss Registered Member

I think the firewall of ess should be smarter than how it is now.

As a pc user, everytime when ess shows a in/out come warning dialog to me, people would be confuse. Because its firewall can't give enough suggestion to the user. There's few thing that we can do about that. check the programe's name and its signature. but that is not the word "smart" meaning for.

I hope ess can find what the good program do and let it be and detect what bad programs do and kill it with its antivirus component.:ninja:

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

By default, the firewall works in automatic mode in which the user is not prompted for actions at all. If one needs to create the necessary rules automatically without intervention, he/she can switch to learning mode.

3. Galaxykiss

if a undetected trojan want to download evil, what would a automatic mode do?

4. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

I believe that automatic mode allows all outgoing and blocks all unsolicited incoming. On the other hand, if you already have a trojan then that becomes your problem and you would need to get rid of it. Nobody needs a security suite that allows them to live with it.

5. Galaxykiss

I don't think common people can kill virus manually. And nod32 can't detect every single virus in the wild, even it's good at protect us from virus. firewall do not only protect us from attack coming outside, but also help us determine what program doing a good online job in our pc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.