Legal Question

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by flyrfan111, Jul 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flyrfan111

flyrfan111 Registered Member

Is it legal to resell my license?

2. dean2900

dean2900 Registered Member

**THIS IS NOT VALID LEGAL ADVICE. DO NOT USE MY ADVICE WITHOUT CONTACTING AN ATTORNEY OR ESET."

It has been ruled legal in the United States for individuals to resell purchased software as long as they uninstall it.

However, the best way would be to contact the company or check the TOS. I would contact ESET and talk to them. I would hope they would let you resell it because the license is only going to for the remaining time left.

Dean

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

A quote from EULA:
    4. License. Provided that you have agreed to this Agreement and you pay the License Fee under Article 17 when due and payable, the Provider grants you a non-exclusive and non-transferable right to install the Software on the hard disk of a computer or on a similar medium for permanent storing of data, to install and store the Software to the memory of a computer system and to implement, store and display the Software on computer systems, however, provided that the maximum number of such computer systems is the number which the End User specified in an order and for which the End User paid the relevant fee (the “License”).

6. (b) You may not use, modify, interpret, reproduce or transfer rights to use the Software or copies of the Software in any manner other than as provided for in this Agreement.

4. flyrfan111

flyrfan111 Registered Member

ok, thanks Marcos

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.