Learning about Learning Mode

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by Dazed_and_Confused, Jul 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dazed_and_Confused

Dazed_and_Confused Registered Member

I left the latest version of PG in Learning Mode for over a week, and used every one of my applications. Then I turned Learning Mode off, and turned on all Global Protection Options. When I then try to use varions applications that need to (for example) use a Global Hook, I get the message stating this behavior has been blocked.

My question is in regard to how Learning Mode works. Why would PG not have "learned" these apps used Global Hooks when the app was first used when PG was in Learning Mode? Or do I have to have Global Protection Options enabled while PG is in Learning Mode for it to learn what apps use Global Hooks?

I seem to remember this being an issue for me with earlier versions too, just never got around to asking.

I still love PG - just wondering why it does some of the things it does. ;)

2. A1SteakSauce

A1SteakSauce Registered Member

I did the same thing as you and it still blocks it. Why?

3. some made up name

some made up name Registered Member

global protection options have to be turned on for learning mode to do anything with them.

when you had learning mode on, you effectivly told PG not to worry about learning any of the global options as you allowed them all anyway ;)

4. Dazed_and_Confused

Dazed_and_Confused Registered Member

Thanks, SMUN. I will turn Learning Mode back on, and send it back to school. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.