Lazesoft Recovery Suite

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by donaddams, Jul 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. donaddams

donaddams Registered Member

Has anyone heard of or used Lazesoft Recovery Suite

2. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

Looking at this,it reminds me of Wondershare Liveboot/Spotmau Powersuite,I'm not sure if they're related at all o_O .

Regardless of that the home user version is free and contains some useful functionality,so it's well worth a look.

3. Tyrizian

Tyrizian Registered Member

This looks very promising.

I wonder why so few posts

Has anyone used this before?

4. Tyrizian

5. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

6. Tyrizian

Sure, no problem:thumb:

7. Jim1cor13

Jim1cor13 Registered Member

Thank you donaddams for letting us know about this. :)

@ andy, I agree, it may be a re-label, although spotmau is still up and running their site. I am not familiar with Wondershare.

Not a bad price for the Pro suite from Lazesoft, 27.95. Anyone give it a shot yet? I like the fact it is a bootable solution, just have no idea how good it is.

Looks like a download moment at least for the free home version LOL

8. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

Jim1cor13

I've tried it out and it works very well.It's functionality is identical to Wondershare/Spotmau,I'm convinced that they share common code.Amazing that they offer the "basic" version free,it's an extremely useful bit of kit.:thumb:

9. Jim1cor13

Oh that sounds great andy. Thanks for letting us know. Going to give it a try myself. What did you think of the imaging capabilities in the free version? Limitations?

Thanks again :)
    Jim

10. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

USA - Back in a real State in time for a real Pres
    Never heard of this. I'll wait for some expert testers from here.

11. Jim1cor13

Well, I downloaded the free version, created a USB boot flash drive, restarted and it booted and finally entered the interface.

I created the Linux version boot, and went into disk imaging/cloning module, and unfortunately, it could see no other drives other than the USB flash drive, meaning it would require likely creating a WinPE type of boot device.

I think this is the first time I ever had a problem with a linux based boot recovery disk being able to detect fixed drives. It does state if you cannot see the windows volume, the WinPe *may* be a better option.

Possibly not a very quality linux based boot disk. Not going to bother with the WinPe, as I have no desire to download the WAIK from M$ LOL.

Andy, did you have any issues with the linux boot disk? All mine saw was the flash drive. I booted into "Fast" mode when the initial menu came up, but it also offered safe mode which i assumed meant no changes would be made, but I could be wrong.

Oh well, it was worth a try. I hope it actually works for you other testers. Maybe their "Pro" version has a better linux boot disk, but this kind of thing turns me off as I have always had good results booting into linux recovery with most apps that I recall. Maybe a slightly unfinished product.

Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.