Layered Service Providers

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Rasheed187, Jul 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

I´ve read that normally you should have only 10 LSP protocols and 3 Name Space Providers, is this correct? But at the moment I have 27 LSP protocols on my system and the only app that removed and reininstalled some LSP´s was (I think) VMWare Workstation. Strange things is that all protocols are identified as MS related (so not third party related).

So what I´m trying to say is that before I had installed VMware I already had 23 LSP protocols on my system, but it should have been only 10. How many LSP´s do y´all have on your system and do you know which apps have installed them? :shifty:

2. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

Rasheed I have 24 LSP's at the moment.
    18 Windows and 6 non-Windows.

Gerard

3. Rasheed187

Thanks for the feedback, but do you also know which (third party?) app(s) have installed some of those MS protocols? You have 18 MS protocols so some app must have installed another 8 if I´m correct. I mean, like I said, all entries on my system are MS related but there should only be 10 standard installed protocols. So I have no idea how I ended up with 27. o_O

4. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

18 Microsoft things and 6 from SocketShield

Gerard

5. Rasheed187

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.