Launching Windows OS from Basic Rescue Disk

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by gueri, Feb 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gueri

gueri Registered Member

g'day to every one,
    now, recently, I had to re-install Windows 98 (my OS) in spite of the fact that I had created a (Norton's) Basic Rescue Disk and went through the pain of loosing al my programs in the hard disk as well as other few things.

Without going into details about the why's and whereoff's for how it happened, now that I have restaured almost everything to its previous condition, I would like to find out, first, whether it is possible or not, to launch the operating system (Windows 98 in particular) from DOS, and if the answer is positive, how do you go about it.

In my case DOS booted from the a:\drive, and was able to use 'cd' to go to the c:\ drive, and from there I couldn't go any further, no way to change to the Windows subdirectory, and on using 'dir' to see the list of directories/files on the c:\drive, found only two, one most of the hard disk, 19 + gigabytes out of 20, and the other something I couldn't recognize at all.

Wonder whether somebody has done it and knows the steps to take to achieve it.

With so many thanks for any inputs,

gueri

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.