Latest update won't allow protection on 90 items in the restricted site list

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by ShaunMac, Mar 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShaunMac

ShaunMac Registered Member

Hi all,

First time poster here looking for some help. ;)

I've just downloaded the latest update to SpywareBlaster 3.5.1 and I can't enable protection against the 90 new items now listed in the restricted sites list. I've clicked on enable all protection and it won't enable protection against the new items. I've also tried to manually select these 90 items in the restricted sites list and then click on the protect against checked items button and the result is the same.

I have full Admin privileges so that shouldn't be an issue. I have the following other security programs installed (I've seen that this info is asked for in similar threads):-

Norton IS 2006
    AdAware
    Spybot S&D
    Microsoft Antispyware
    A squared
    Ewido
    SpywareDoctor
    SpySweeper

with AdAware, Spybot S&D, Spysweeper and Microsoft Antispyware running automatic daily scans. I use Ewido and A Squared for periodic scans but rarely use SpywareDoctor these days as there hasn't been an update for the free version since before Christmas.

If anyone has any help or suggestions as to how I can enable protection against the items in the latest update I'd appreciate it.

Cheers.

2. ShaunMac

Don't worry, I've sorted it out now.

I read through every thread I could find on this, even checking back a few pages.

It's just a shame that I overlooked the sticky threads which had the solution to my problem, wasn't it? :oops:

I turned off IE Shield in SpySweeper and tried enabling protection again and it worked first time.

Memo to self:- check the sticky threads next time, they might just have the solution to your problem. ;)

3. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Good to see u got it sorted. :)

Welcome to Wilders BTW. ;) :D

snowbound

4. ShaunMac

So am I. :D

Many thanks. Hopefully I won't have to post too much regarding any problems I'm having, eh? ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.