Latest SB Definitions ?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Tovian, Aug 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tovian

Tovian Registered Member

I have three machines up and running (2 application machines + Internet Gateway/Router). These are NOT for any business - just a "learning lab". I try to keep all maintenance and "Security" tools consistent across all platforms. After SpywareBlaster installation on each machine I did a manual update to get the latest definitions. Then I decided I could capture all the definitions on one machine and propagate them across my LAN to the other systems. This worked OK, but it still took many steps. I began looking for a single download method (like for Ad-Aware, Spybot, NAV, and others). I did some searching through the SB-KB and also registered here and did more searching. I found - in the "Tips & Tricks" thread - sort of an answer to my need... the five files that can be downloaded manually. Two of those links actually download/save files. However, the other three of those links produce a browser (IE) display of what appears to be a record-dump. Is there a problem with the three links that display file contents instead of performing a download ?

Second question: Instead of having to do five different downloads is there possibly an FTP server (or something similar) where I could grab all the latest files in a single step ?

TIA for all help/suggestions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.