Latest SB Definitions ?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Tovian, Aug 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tovian

Tovian Registered Member

I have three machines up and running (2 application machines + Internet Gateway/Router). These are NOT for any business - just a "learning lab". I try to keep all maintenance and "Security" tools consistent across all platforms. After SpywareBlaster installation on each machine I did a manual update to get the latest definitions. Then I decided I could capture all the definitions on one machine and propagate them across my LAN to the other systems. This worked OK, but it still took many steps. I began looking for a single download method (like for Ad-Aware, Spybot, NAV, and others). I did some searching through the SB-KB and also registered here and did more searching. I found - in the "Tips & Tricks" thread - sort of an answer to my need... the five files that can be downloaded manually. Two of those links actually download/save files. However, the other three of those links produce a browser (IE) display of what appears to be a record-dump. Is there a problem with the three links that display file contents instead of performing a download ?

Second question: Instead of having to do five different downloads is there possibly an FTP server (or something similar) where I could grab all the latest files in a single step ?

TIA for all help/suggestions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.