LastPass for Opera available

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by MrBrian, Dec 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrBrian

MrBrian Registered Member

2. jesusjesus

jesusjesus Registered Member

They're pretty smart the way they're doing this. Get people hooked on FREE lastpass on their laptops and desk computers. Make it that there's no way a person can ever remember their own usernames or passwords AND THEN make you pay for lastpass on mobile devices.

They've already got me on that one. I now find it impossible to use my phone with many websites as I have no idea what my username & or password is on various site. Lastpass makes everything so much more secure in that you can easily have a unique username and password for every single site but also makes it impossible to remember.

They've won. I have to buy lastpass for my phone. $12 a year. I suppose I can afford it. Feels a bit like RansomWare though.

3. korben

korben Registered Member

a big no-no as mentioned above, steer clear away from it unless you really know what you're doing

keepass and life tastes sweet

4. aigle

aigle Registered Member

lastpass made my life easier.

I use windows and linux with multiple browers and making backup of passwords and then impot them after a clean install of browser or OS every now n then was a hassle that,s no more after I started using lastpass.

5. ccoates

ccoates Registered Member

So their ransom strategy is to create a quality product and then monetize one specific aspect of it while keeping the majority of services free?

I mean, you could just use KeePass, but you'd have to sync your password databases manually and the browser integration is limited.

It's not like they trick you into using their product and then threaten to expose your personal data if you don't subscribe.

6. HAN

HAN Registered Member

To me, it feels great! For the 1st time, I have all my passwords with all the time. I really don't want to remember them all. Never did. Now it's safe (and handy) not to...

7. jesusjesus

jesusjesus Registered Member

I think what they're doing has an element of trickery. We're still on the cusp of everyone using mobile devices with every day internet sites rather than carrier provided portals.
    I think many people may do as I have done, and have completely unique secure user/pass's for laptops/home computers. Word of mouth recommendations should be very high as it's a quality and free product. But eventually everyone will have to pay for it, as mobile devices & internet become common place for the majority.

I don't begrudge them too much, but I was forced to buy lastpass to operate my phone. Either that or print out every user and pass for every site.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.