Laptop Wont Access Network Shared Hard Drive

Discussion in 'hardware' started by markedmanner, Jul 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. markedmanner

markedmanner Registered Member

Ok here is my situation. I have a Belkin N Share router that allows a USB hard drive to be shared like a NAS over the network. I have it setup so I can share it with my laptop and my Wii (I can stream videos on my Wii from the hard drive). I also have a media player which is a Patriot Box Office which I use to stream videos as well. I had it all setup and working very well. Then one day my laptop decided it would not connect to the NAS anymore. I have a Windows Vista laptop which accesses the network by wifi. The Wii and media player still access the drive without any problem. I can not get my laptop to access the drive anymore though. Here is what I have tried:

I tried unplugging the hard drive from the wall and from the router and plugging it back in. I tried turning the router off and back on as well.

I disabled my firewall on my laptop.

I deleted the mapped drive from my computer and tried to remap it the location is \\192.168.2.1\My_Book(A1) which is the same setting that the Wii and Patriot Box Office has and they connect. When I try to remap it it gives and error that it can not connect to it. If I try to browse to the drive through the network I cant find it. But I believe it was like that when I originally mapped the drive when it worked.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I also have a printer mapped to my laptop wireless but it prints fine to the printer.

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

if you plug that usb drive direct to the computer does it work?

3. markedmanner

markedmanner Registered Member

Yes it does

4. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.