Laptop Wireless Problems

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Blackcat, Jan 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

My son has recently changed over from cable to a wireless connection and has had major problems with his Intel Pro/Wireless 2200BG Network Card connection. It keeps dropping the connection after 1-2 minutes of use.

1. Any recommendations to solve this problem with this Card. He has the latest Drivers installed.

2. Alternatively, any recommendations for a good external wireless USB device, for the 802.11b and 802.11g Protocol?

2. SSK

SSK Registered Member

I have no experience with this type of card, but what about the wireless router he's connecting to? Is the firmware up to date?

Last edited: Jan 23, 2007
  3. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

I doubt it; this is a house of 6 male students, everything should work first time!!!!

But he is the only one of the six having problems with his wireless connection and the problem is specific to his laptop.

4. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

It would seem it is not uncommon.
    One possible other quick fix is to check the Power Management settings to make sure they are not set to "Allow Windows to turn this device off to save power".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.