Laptop not connecting to digital camera via USB port?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Birdman, Dec 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Birdman

Birdman Registered Member

My Vista laptop (Dell) is no longer recognizing the USB connection from my digital camera when I connect it to the USB port.

When I plug in the USB cable, the laptop is not locating/reading the device. Under "Computers"....it does not show up there.

Just to make sure that the problem wasn't related to either the camera or it's USB connection/transfer cable, I connected it to an older laptop and it immediately displayed the device and I was able to transfer the pictures from the camera.

Other USB devices are working just fine on the Vista laptop, except for the digital camera.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue please?

Thanks.

2. markymoo

markymoo Registered Member

Even though USB is plug and play, it can fail if the USB device is plugged into another USB port than the original one it was installed on sometimes. Try plugging it into the other USB ports. Try uninstalling the software and reinstalling it.

3. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

If you Have used this device on this laptop before have you tried to remove the driver and reinstall it.

If that does not work,shutdown your Laptop unplug it from power supply(wall outlet) Remove the battery let it sit for about a minute or So then return the battery and restart,try reconnect the usb,See how it goes.This sound rather bazar but seen this work before.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.