laptop freezes- 2 questions

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by hello2007, Feb 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hello2007

hello2007 Guest

whenever i start my laptop in the first 5 minutes it always freezes for about 20-30 seconds then it behaves normally. Im sure its not a virus so i was wondering what could it be?

I was also wondering does using snap shot type uninstallers make going to your control panel crash sometimes because my whenever i go into control panel my laptop would freeze but in a different way. It would freeze and then a popup would say i would need to close the program and then i close the program and the computer behaves normally but sometimes it would keep freezing and i would need to close the program about 3 times before i can go into control panel

2. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

Your Vista system ... an upgrade on a box that came pre-installed with XP? Custom or generic? You reinstall since July?

3. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

4. hello2007

hello2007 Guest

i bought this laptop in sept of 2009 it came with vista.

i dont think event log will help. I just reinstalled vista about a month or 2 ago and have the same stuff on it now that i had back before this freezing thing and the freezes right after boot-up never happened before.

as for the control panel program close. that actually has happened before the i reinstalled so thats why im asking for that if the snap shot type uninstaller could be the problem since i used it before the reinstall and im still using it

5. dcrowe0050

dcrowe0050 Registered Member

I guess it could have deleted a registry key vital to contol panel but I doubt it. A system Health Report will give you a lot of information, I do not know if it is available on Win 7 but its definitely good advice to make a system health report and check the event logs. How do you know they will not help if you have not looked at them? Go to control panel, performance Info and tools and on the left side of the window click on Advanced Tools. Scroll down until you see generate a system health report.

6. GlobalForce

Snapshot uninstaller = Registry Watch?

7. GlobalForce

Purdy good. Outta thirteen starts you're still batt'in a thousand! Follow-throughs on none of the problems you've received help with.

8. hello2007

hello2007 Guest

checking the system for problems doesnt help it doesnt really show anything that would tell why my computer freezes when i go to control panel. I have no idea what it could be

9. GlobalForce

And Heaven forbid you mention the program.

10. hello2007

hello2007 Guest

what program? i dont know whats causing the freezing. Are you talking about the uninstaller? ashampoo uninstaller i dont know if thats causing the freezing thats why i asked

11. GlobalForce

Good - Ashampoo "snapshot" uninstaller. Going back to your opening post I've got a detailed question or two I'd like to have answered.

This "freezing" bit I understood happens roughly five minutes into an opening, or cold boot if you would. What if you reboot sometime after the freeze, does it go through another round of freezing, roughly five minutes in? How about the laptop, we have a make and model to go on?

12. hello2007

hello2007 Guest

no sometimes it works normally and sometimes it freezes. I dont need to reboot when it freezes because when it freezes its just for 30 seconds or so nothing really long. and its not because alot of programs are being open right away sometimes it just happens when i open the browser to surf and i used all kinds of browsers it happens with all of them safari, firefox, chrome, iron, seamonkey, ie. Inspiron 9400

13. GlobalForce

Go ahead and answer my question as asked - it's not a matter of need. Thanks for the make, model.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.