Laptop for $349.98

Discussion in 'hardware' started by ccsito, Nov 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ccsito

ccsito Registered Member

2. Coolio10

Coolio10 Registered Member

Good general purpose. Not graphic intense games such as unreal tournament or quake wars.

3. wilbertnl

wilbertnl Registered Member

Duo Core is nice, this seems a great price to me.
    Hope for you they have it in stock. :ninja:

4. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks:

A great steal, indeed. Although its intel duo core T-2310 is not as fast as T-5 or T-7 series.
    It is for US thanksgiving eh? Hope it will be available for Canada before X mas, because our Thanksgiving holiday was several weeks ago. :D

5. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Definitely a good deal and plenty of power for the average user. My laptop has similar specs and it runs sweet, cost me a lot more than $350 too...:(

6. ccsito

ccsito Registered Member

7. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Great discounts but WAIT for the advertisements on their After-Thanksgiving Sale. Thats when i latched onto dirt-cheap USB Pen Drives plus some 500Gb Maxtors at a ridiculous cost of 45 dollars that i'm using right now btw.

But it was very Cold waiting in a 3 block line at 4:30 AM in the morning, but it's worth it to get in on their deals. Heck, i'd climb a tree in the middle of the night for them to get in on some of their insane discounts. :D

8. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    I am worried it will not power up before 6 months of use. :D :p o_O

9. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

If you purchase from Staples don't worry at all. They WILL always replace any electronics that are not up to customer satisfaction or refund your money. I went thru that before and ended up getting a better discount on my return.

The others i can't speak the same for their policy.

10. clambermatic

clambermatic Registered Member

CPaq Presario #C712US...
    on hardware specs... DDR1gB; HDD80gB; Core Duo/T2310, pretty decent. But not 'gaming' specific!

BUT it's a Compaq (HP)... my verdict on brand was - Unimpressive!!

With regards to price... It Is A Good Deal! I am rating this unit buy (for all around usability) as GOOD!

11. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi'

Price--is it true?
    Brand--unimpressive, but among top two best selling. ?
    Warranty--depends upon where you will purchase from. Some outlets will
    offer two more years extended one. Say for $ 150.00
    Therefore, you have a modern laptop at your disposal for mere $ 500.00 and for THREE wonderful years. A 50 cents per day deal without any hassles, do you think the cost per day is much more than the tips you give to your favorite waitress ? I would get into lineup before anyone knows it. ;)

12. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

I saw Best Buy has a Sony laptop on sale on Black Friday for $399. They are not real specific about the specs though.

13. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

Here is another pretty good deal. This is a Dell laptop for $399, you can get either XP home or Vista.

http://www.dell.com/content/topics/...t?c=us&l=en&s=bsd&dgc=CJ&cid=24471&lid=566643

Other specs-

AMD AthlonTM 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor TK-53
    Genuine Windows® XP Home Edition or Genuine Windows Vista® Home Basic
    1GB system memory*
    120GB* hard drive
    15.4" widescreen XGA display
    8X DVD+/-RW

There is supposed to be a coupon code. A link to this site below has some of the codes posted. It gives like $310 off instantly and some are reporting free shipping.

http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?t=657551

14. Coolio10

Coolio10 Registered Member

Wow, that is a really nice deal. Even an excellent graphic card ATI Radeon® Xpress 1150 256MB HyperMemory™ (integrated)

15. xlanier

xlanier Registered Member

Hey there- the Sony VAIO for $399 has an Intel Core Duo T2310, 120GB and 1GB ram- http://www.notebooks.com/black-friday-notebooks/

16. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

You can buy My ASUS G1 for $2669 if you want :p and If your really good I'll throw in a Filler for your Christmas Stocking :p

17. clambermatic

clambermatic Registered Member

Well 'perman'... from your standpoint, you're entitled to.

From my standpoint in repairing/modifying notebooks (past 8yrs, also as mentor) ...i would rather look for an alternative against CPaq (specifically post HP-takeover) and Vaio! You ain't experience the angst CEs got with them.

18. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, Clambermatic:

You are right, and I agree with you, but do you know

in today's PC world, these machines are made more efficiently, and have driven cost down substantially. I remember paying approximately CAN$ 2000 for a Toshiba satellite laptop 3 years ago(Intel P4 processor), few month ago I picked up a Sony Vaio(Intel duo core e T-5500 processor 13 in) for mere $850. In North America, due to fierce competitions among manufacturers and among resellers, the price of laptops especially has fallen and kept on falling to the point where consumers regard them as a disposal one. Repair cost without warranty in North America could cost arms and legs, often the option of total replacement is making more sense than repairing. Laptop is a laptop, as long as it can function the way you want, general public do not care whether it is made from or what its processor is made of. This is what I have gathered these days, and I am afraid it is the current trend . take care.

19. Sisupoika

Sisupoika Registered Member

20. dNor

dNor Registered Member

Good luck getting one unless you wait in line. People are frenzied on Black Friday. :'(

21. ccsito

ccsito Registered Member

The Staples UK website doesn't offer this model. Some models are made for only specific countries. Also, not sure if UK has a "Black Friday" like USA since there is no "Thanksgiving" holiday in UK. Reason why US has a Thanksgiving holiday was because of pilgrims leaving UK due to the ongoing conflict between the Cavaliers and Puritans during the reign of Charles I. So UK has no reason for celebrating emigrants who left the country. :D

22. ccsito

ccsito Registered Member

You are right about that. And with gas now running at $3 a gallon and possibly going higher, that will make the bargain hunting mobs even worse. :mad:

23. HandsOff

HandsOff Registered Member

Wow those prices! And I am glad Wilders doesn't freak out and accuse everyone of advertising. Some people just like to talk about good deals. And I sort of agree with Perryman about things becoming more disposal. The fact that they make laptops harder to work on does not encourage viewing them as long term.

Are laptops still hobbled with propriety components including hard drives and video cards and memory that must be bought from the maker of the laptop, or is that a thing of the past?

-HandsOff

24. screamer

screamer Registered Member

That's too Funny... ;)

...screamer

25. HandsOff

HandsOff Registered Member

ccsito-

Look at it this way: Wouldn't you be happier if some of the modern day malcontents left the country?

-HandsOff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.