LAN update and NOD Version 3

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by catprincess, Nov 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

mirror does not work without a business license at the current time.

2. catprincess

catprincess Guest

Thank you for a clear answer, webyourbusiness. :)

Do you know if Eset is planning to implement this feature into the Home Edition in upcoming versions?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2007
  3. catprincess

catprincess Guest

It seems you can't even purchase or upgrade to the Business Edition in Australia anyway. It's not even mentioned on the site.

4. catprincess

catprincess Guest

The Business Edition of both EAV 3 and ESS seem to have appeared in the download section of the Australian Eset site since I looked last night. It looks like purchasing ESS outright is still not available though.

As for registered users downloading these versions, well the downloads seem to have something weird going on. The page clearly states at the top that you need to have a user name and password to access the downloads however it doesn't ask me for one if I try to download EAV 3. It asks for one if I try to download ESS but refuses to accept the details I enter (and my license definitely hasn't expired).

Oh and I could easily download the EAV Business Edition which I don't even have a license for because it doesn't ask for a password for that either. I don't imagine it would work without the right license details entered after installation (I have no desire to test this), but still. What a mess. Someone needs to fix this site big time.

5. saffron

saffron Registered Member

~Off topic comment removed.~

The pw screw-up that lets you dl EAV-BE is on the ESET USA dl page. ESET Oz links to it.

I guess all the illegal BE dl pws will be cancelled if ESET ever figures out what's going on.

Pi sites all over the web tell you how to LEGALLY dl EAV-BE and ESS with a fudge of your old NOD pw anyway. ESET pw security is a joke. Always was.

I'm still using 2.7. It finds all the nasties without the hassles of the buggy 3.0. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2007
  6. saffron

saffron Registered Member

If you're in Australia you should call Craig the ESET support guy in Oz (Blackspear on here) or the main office in Brisbane. I talked to them both. (Free VoIP from the US.) They can't give free ESS upgrades outside Oz but they came across like pretty cool dudes considering the depth of crap they're sitting in with ESET still not providing the advertised upgrade.

7. catprincess

catprincess Guest

I emailed the Australian support asking about the lack of the mirror feature in the Home Edition. The person I corresponded with certainly seemed like a nice helpful person who unfortunately had no more idea than me about whether the mirror will be available to home users at a later date. I felt bad for the support staff; Eset doesn't seem to be giving them any information which must be making things difficult for them having to respond to annoyed customers.

As for the weird password issues, I mentioned this to the person I corresponded with. I noticed today that on the Australian page they now all ask for passwords before download however the EAV Business Edition will still accept my username and password despite the fact that I shouldn't be entitled to download it. Oh well, I reported it and I'm done hassling the poor support staff so if Eset don't bother to fix it, it's their own fault if people who aren't meant to download it do.

As for me, I'm sticking with NOD 2.7 at least until I find out if I can use a mirror with Home Edition. IF that ever gets sorted, I'm thinking of trying ESS (once the upgrade path becomes available of course :rolleyes: )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.