LAN image clone & send via boot CD menu?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Trancer, Jun 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trancer

Trancer Registered Member

Is there a way to use TI to create an image of a harddrive from one laptop then send that image to another laptop through a LAN but only using the boot CD menu and not through windows? Im pulling my hair out! and struggling to find the solution..... can it even be done? :S if not then damn why not as if u have a laptop with a clean harddrive on it would be sooo much easier to get it to interface with the LAN and pull an image down of a PC contanting an image.

I can't seem to even see how to get the image onto multiple CDs so I can boot from it and copy the image by this method.....

thanks for help

2. MiniMax

MiniMax Registered Member

Nope - you need something in between that can act as a file server. The Rescue CD can not do that.

The closest you can get is to image laptop #1 onto its own harddisk. Reboot into Windows and share laptop #1's image.

Boot laptop #2 with the CD, and restore from the image on laptop #1.

3. Trancer

Trancer Registered Member

Thats a right shame. Thanks for the reply, I really thought i was going mad or something and missing something lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.