Kubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver upgrades - Results!

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by Mrkvonic, Jun 18, 2018.

1. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Let me upgrade that for you, for only 9.99 Tux. Behold, an article about the Kubuntu upgrade experience and results going from 17.10 Artful Aardvark to 18.08 Bionic Beaver on two different laptops - multi-boot Windows-and-Linux BIOS/Nvidia graphics and UEFI/Intel graphics setups, including third-party repo management, drivers, boot times, fonts, resources, performance, various inconsistencies and problems, and more. Enjoy.

https://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/kubuntu-beaver-upgrade.html

Cheers,
    Mrk

2. summerheat

summerheat Registered Member

Thanks for the update. Just a note about your rant about shadows in Spectacle in your original Kubuntu 18.04 review: Have you read the answer from Martin Flöser (the KWin maintainer until lately)?

3. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

No I haven't. And from what I see, I have no intention into getting personal with anyone.
    I want good, high-quality software. I don't really have anything for or against people behind software.
    Mrk

4. Stupendous Man

Stupendous Man Registered Member

I see why the developer likes the Spectacle shadows, but I don't see why an option to toggle/disable shadows would be so bad. Nothing personal, but all about high-quality software.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.