[Kubuntu] 14.04 How to install proprietary nForce2 integrated graphics driver?

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by zapjb, Apr 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

USA - Back in a real State in time for a real Pres
    Specs: Asus a7n8x vm 400 with integrated Nvidia nforce2 graphics, 2500 Athlon Barton, 2x 512MB pc3200 DDR RAM desktop.

Of the 20+ distros I've tried Kubuntu 14.04 LTS desktop i386 is the only distro that had full functionality after a live session and install.

Solving the video twitching is bothersome. It's like small horizontal dashes flickering on & off. And every once in a while (rare) the video blinks on & off quickly.

Graphics Driver now shows as X-Server version number 11.0, vender release number 11,501,000.

I want install proprietary nForce2 integrated graphics driver. Hoping that will fix my video & stop the dashes & blinking.

So how do I install the proprietary nForce2 integrated graphics driver? I've looked & searched.

2. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

USA - Back in a real State in time for a real Pres
    Ok I'm still clueless. I'd appreciate some help, thanks.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2014
  3. Veeshush

Veeshush Registered Member

I found this, might be related:
    https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showt...d-this-section-of-the-forum)&highlight=nvidia

You could try making a thread on there: https://www.kubuntuforums.net/forumdisplay.php?192-Kubuntu-14-04-Trusty-Tahr

But also, you can always throw in a ZOTAC ZT-60604-10L GeForce GT 610 PCI card. I always just mention doing that with older rigs cause it's a lot less painful then messing with old legacy video cards and their drivers. Plus you get some some acceleration benefits and it just really helps these older rigs throw up a good resolution.

4. funkydude

funkydude Registered Member

Err, I'm assuming you've checked the "proprietary drivers" section in the software and update settings?

5. Ocky

Ocky Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.