KPF 4 and Gamespy Arcade

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by A1SteakSauce, Aug 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A1SteakSauce

A1SteakSauce Registered Member

I have recently installed Kerio Personal Firewall and when I try to play with otherpeople on GameSpy Arcade it is blocked. How can I fix this?

2. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

Have you checked your firewall settings with the Gamespy firewall support, this shows the needed TCP ports open

3. A1SteakSauce

A1SteakSauce Registered Member

How can I open those using KPF?

4. Jarmo P

Jarmo P Registered Member

I usually think incoming connection ports and outgoing ones separate. So many program instructions are like what Stem reported and they really suck. There are so many programs just telling you need to "open" this and that when the proper instruction would be to allow this excutable to that protocol to these incoming/outgoing ports.

Well, you could make a packet filter rule, first try those ports only outgoing, if you get incoming alerts, maybe they are then incoming ports? That rule should be only to a specific application. You don't go and open TCP ports globally for all possible programs if they are really incoming as I suspect!

Last edited: Aug 21, 2006
  5. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

This would depend on how secure you want your firewall rules to be. With KPF, the rule system is basically the same as ZA (pro/ss) where you can either give the programs access for full outbound/inbound in the trusted or internet zone, OR, you can start creating rules specific to the protocol/ports (packet filter rules(in Kerio))
    So first, the easy route, which is less probmatic for most, which gives the problem full access. (this is not something I like myself, but is how I have seen instructions given for such firewall, as the user can then just play the game, with no need to set rules).
    Open Kerio,... Network security->Applications. Here you will see the applications which are allowed/blocked access to trusted zone/internet. Here you would set your "game application" to be allowed in/out for both "trusted and Internet"

Now, I would say try this first to see if KPF then allows your game to run correctly, as I, in running KPF4 (on/off for short periods) have found it to cause problems with some applications (even applications that dont connect to the internet, I have e-mailed sunbelt about conflicts, but have never received a reply)
    If this then runs correctly, we can then, if you want to, go through how to create "packet filter" rules for the application.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.