Kolab and alternatives

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by Secuirityminded, Sep 4, 2016.

1. Secuirityminded

Secuirityminded Registered Member

Does anyone know if Kolab offers aliases? I would like to get a service with more privacy that also has aliases to better manage junk mail. I like that Koab is in Switzerland.

Other alternatives are appreciated.

I just set up a protonmail account for one of my uses.

thanks.

2. compleo

compleo Registered Member

Not familiar with Kolab,i have Proton also,but can only select registered username between Protonmail domains.

I also use SCRYPT but it is an American inbox.

3. Secuirityminded

Secuirityminded Registered Member

Thanks for the reply. I found information about Protonmail, but not sure it allows for the alias to be 'turned off' if I want to stop receiving email from that address

Aliases using “+”
    ProtonMail offers the ability to receive mail from an unlimited number of aliases by using a “+” symbol after your username in your email address.

Just add a “+” after your username and before “@domain.com,” to create a new email address that will be delivered right to your existing inbox. For example, if your email is username@protonmail.com, email sent to username+soccerclub@protonmail.com will also be delivered to your inbox. In an upcoming release, we will be adding filters and filter rules, so you can automatically sort and label emails you receive.

I was interested in Countermail but dismissed them because of low SSL grade (https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=countermail.com).

4. compleo

Then a disposable e mail would work for you.

Are you seeking the paid or freebie?

Here's 2 you can check out--->VFE & MAILFENCE

5. ComputerSaysNo

ComputerSaysNo Registered Member

I would recommend runbox.com if you need aliases.

6. compleo

Is this feature for the paid version since i'm not able to find this in the free version.

7. compleo

Do you know any disposable e mail or e mail providers that offer disposable e mail addys (freebie)?

8. dogbite

dogbite Registered Member

I think outlook.com offers aliases, otherwise you can consider a remailer like blur or 33mail.