KOffice 2.0 RC1 - worth a look

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by NGRhodes, Apr 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NGRhodes

NGRhodes Registered Member

After have a play with Kubuntu 9.04, I was having a look at QT apps and spotted this:

http://www.koffice.org/announcements/announce-2.0rc1.php

As much as I like Open Office (and does everything I need), this has the potential to be a real competitor.
    It is different again from Open Office and MS Office.
    It is cross platform.

It looks like it could well be included (being beta at the moment, it could be dropped, but I doubt it) as part of Jaunty as there is a package available on the official repo.

There is also Suse builds in the OpenSuse factory.

I'm surprised this one has slipped the major news sites, not only this is a great new for KOffice, but also means that Kubuntu 9.04 Jaunty is going to make for a very interested release, I doubt it will have KOffice installed by default, but just having KOffice available is going to attract Kubuntu 9.04 a lot of attention (along with a IMHO at long last usable KDE 4 desktop).

Cheers, Nick

2. Beavenburt

Beavenburt Registered Member

I'm currently using koffice 2. It's a fantastic suite of office and image apps. Everything you could need from an office suite. Beware though, it is a bit buggy still.

3. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Never really warmed up to KOffice ... but will give it a try ...
    Mrk

4. chronomatic

chronomatic Registered Member

I am awaiting a time when all of the QT applications are using QT4. I hate having to install KDE 3 libraries on my KDE 4 desktop! (KOffice 1.6 depends on KDE 3).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.