Know anything about this free program?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by ThePoster, Jun 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThePoster

ThePoster Guest

Hi

Has anyone ever tried this free program- Spyware Block List File. I noticed it at http://www.spywareguide.com/blockfile.php It sounds somewhat like SpywareBlaster. Is it ok to use it along with SpywareBlaster and IE-Spyad? And is it safe to use? Thanks.

2. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

Yes, it does sound like SB in that it sets "kilbits" in reg.

My only concern.. where is the "UNinstall" for it. Once that reg file is merged, its stuck there unless you have Registry back-up and reinstall that way, but that's a hassle.

I dl the reg file and browsed it. Had 377 reg entries listed.

Personally I would be reluctant to use myself, but that's just me. I'll stick with what I have in my 'Sig'.

Someone else can be the guinea pig on this! :D

cheers, TAS

EDIT: OK.. in the zip one I see an "Undo" file... ;) but certainly would not take the plain reg one on face value...... sooooo maybe if you use the zip/experts version.

3. dak

dak Registered Member

I have not personally installed it, but I am familiar with it and have downloaded it and "inspected" it.
    It is similar to SpywareBlaster, and the Immunize section of Spybot S&D and IE-SPYAD.
    There's no conflict using it along with SpywareBlaster, SpyBot S&D's Immunize, or IE-SPYAD/AGNIS.
    It is safe to use. In fact, a previous version of it is one of the many sources I have used in compiling my Custom Blocking List for SpywareBlaster.

--
    dak

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.