KIS7 more antispyware

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by anderb, Jun 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anderb

anderb Registered Member

I´ve installed KIS7 but I´d like to know if I need other antispyware?Thanks:)

2. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

3. eBBox

eBBox Registered Member

Agree :) Hav installed KIS, NIS and AVGIS on serval computers for friends and so on, and AS scanners have never caught anything on them. Waste of space and time IMO :)

4. lodore

lodore Registered Member

No but a second opintion never hurts.
    try superantispyware as a on demand antispyware app
    www.superantispyware.com
    i reccomend superantispyware so much i should get commistion:D
    lodore

5. Bio-Hazard

Bio-Hazard Registered Member

I would agree with you lodore! :thumb:

6. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

no its not needed, sure people could be paranoid and use superantispyware as a '2nd opinion', but to answer the thread, its not needed at all.

.......tracking cookies probably, if anything it will find.

7. EliteKiller

EliteKiller Registered Member

That depends on your surfing habits, as well as the people that use your pc. Nothing is 100%, and while I haven't used KIS 7 yet, KIS 6 misses trojans and other adware/spyware that SUPERAntiSpyware detects. It would not hurt if you purchased SAS Pro 3.9 and used the real-time in conjunction with KIS since it has little effect on system resources, can be found for as little as $19.95 w/ lifetime updates (no renewals!) and has some of the most comprehensive support in the industry.

Not everyone is a safe surfer, and some of us could get by without a real-time AV as well. Those that say it isn't worth it do not clean infected pc's as a hobby on forums or as a daily job. At least use SAS as on-demand, in addition to other on-demand tools. Otherwise use a limited or standard account with a disallowed by default software restriction policy. :p

8. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

hang on, kaspersky has a 99% detection rate and its proactive defense for any behaviour blocking, if any spyware tried anything on the machine, this would be picked up, even if it wasnt detected, right?

i see no use what-so-ever of adding an antispyware program

safe or dangerous surfer, doesnt make a difference.

9. fce

fce Registered Member

I'm using KIS7 only. Better to trust one internet security only (no BSOD, no hang-ups/freezing, no resource hog, etc.)

Just use free online scanner in-case you feel you are unprotected with your existing security.

0.000000002cent

10. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

I have CounterSpy v2.5 and AVGAS 7.5 running along side KIS 7.0 Super Safe Combinations :cool:

11. cupez80

cupez80 Registered Member

I installed AVGAS along with KIS 6 but never run it :D

12. Sjoeii

Sjoeii Registered Member

You'll be safe with KIS but a spyware scanner as a back up can't hurt. You could try SuperAntispyware on demand

13. dawgg

dawgg Registered Member

I use AVG-AntiSpyware and SuperAntiSpyware for on-demand scans ONLY once every few months... only detect Cookies as CSJ assumed ;) .. Kaspersky's signatures detect most the junk... if not, PDM enables the user to prevent accidently installing malware which is not detected... Better to be safe than sorry i suppose... Only need it for on-demand... keeping AS software running realtime alongside Kaspersky is a waist of resources IMO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.