KIS2010 Issue

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by whitedragon551, Nov 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

I have won a KIS2010 liscence and I had issues with it at first and then I uninstalled and reinstalled to set everything back to default. Now Im having the same issues as I was before and I never figured out how to fix it. I am not able to delete things out of the firewall. There are a bunch of .tmp setup files that are allowed that shouldnt be. All of them are from random software installations and what not. Ive got 338 days remaining on the current liscence. Id rather keep it, but Im not going to keep a security suite that doesnt allow me to choose what gets in and out of my firewall.

2. inka

inka Registered Member

Kaspersky provides wonderfully detailed, screen by screen, documentation & their KIS2010 user forum is quite vibrant. If you post over there (and supply a bit more detail) you'll probably find a helpful reply within a hour or so.

3. papillonn

papillonn Registered Member

4. whitedragon551

Tried there forum the first time. Not a single response. Tried everything in their database and none of it worked. So who wants a free liscence?

5. Sjoeii

Sjoeii Registered Member

What are your issues? Maybe I can help

6. whitedragon551

Read the OP. I cant delete any entries in the firewall allow list. Even temp files that were allowed temporarily are permanently in there and I cant get rid of them.

7. dawgg

dawgg Registered Member

When uninstalling your previous installation, did you save application settings and data?

...If not, then open Kaspersky, click MySecurityZone - Applications... select "All" in the dropdown list and delete the .tmp files from the list.

... If you did save application data when uninstalling or imported settings, clear the list by restoring it... Settings - Options - Restore - Next... tick only Application Control, Applications, Rules, Resources, Firewall, Networks
    Click next and follow the prompts. It should be cleared from the list.

8. whitedragon551

Never had a previous installation. I won the key and dropped Rising and Avira for the KIS suite.

9. sourav_gho

sourav_gho Registered Member

As dawgg said you can delete it thorugh Application control by selecting from list of trusted applications and delete it or you can make it to untrusted and those temp will never start again.

10. whitedragon551

It wont thats the issue.

11. sourav_gho

sourav_gho Registered Member

Does removing KIS and reinstalling help?

Can you please post the screenshot?

Which version of KIS 2010 are you using? try the latest one cf2 b736(a)...

12. whitedragon551

It was the latest version and no it didnt help. Even if it did I wouldnt uninstall it and reinstall it every time I needed to delete a temp file out of the firewall rules.

No screenshots. Its been uninstalled. Im using Rising and Avira Premium now. Much easier and lighter on the system.

13. XPS743

XPS743 Registered Member

I thought all you people in Wilders were smart. KIS puts everything under Application Control. Thats why you cannot delete it under the firewall. Your not looking in the right area. It took my a second to figure that out. I will have your license if you no longer want it.

14. whitedragon551

I also disabled application control and proactive defense along with the option to put digitally signed applications as trusted and the option to automatically mark KIS network trusted applications. None of them allowed me to delete them.

15. XPS743

XPS743 Registered Member

Why are you disabling things. Leave it all stock. Go into Application activity. Find the program. Right click on and select "delete". Thats all. Takes a second. Be sure you using 9.0.0.736. Leave everything at the default settings. You can click restore to get them back.

16. whitedragon551

Those were the instructions from KIS FAQs page. Disable those options and it should allow you to delete them. I was trying to delete them from app control, but the delete key was greyed out in every single circumstance weather it was a firewall rule or just the general program with all the rules under it.

17. XPS743

XPS743 Registered Member

There are only grayed out under the "firewall section". They are not grayed out in application activity. I honestly believe your not looking in the right place. Open up KIS. Click on "My Security Zone" then click on "Application activity". Works on all 3 of my pc's and families.

18. bigwrench9

bigwrench9 Registered Member

Hey whitedragon...If you sill want to give away your license,and save your sanity,I would love to get the suite for my daughter..Her's is expiring end of the month.Feel free to PM me.

19. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

This is a place of support to Help resolve the problem not say Hey we will take that license off your hands. Please read form rules before you post next time. ;)

20. Fly

Fly Registered Member

I trialled KIS 2010, but I don't remember all the details.

I wasn't pleased with the digital signatures thing. Every program/service KIS encountered that had a digital signature was automatically added in the firewall list (or something similar). I never could figure out a way around it.
    What I did, was keeping them in that list and denying applications like the Acrobat Reader (outbound?) internet/network access. That way, I could at least keep some applications in check.

21. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

May I remind all members that Wilders is not a License Swapping forum.

Because whitedragon551 has already stated that Rising and Avira Premium are being used now, there's no longer a KIS issue, thus this thread is closed!

JR

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.