kis version 7 questions.

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by zfactor, Nov 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

a friend of mine just called me. he said he bought this locally and asked me what i thought of it, i know about the issues in the past and the chkdsk issues. the question is does version 7 use streams still?? and can they be disabled. has there been anything done about the chkdsk issues. is there a way to disable anything that causes these? i am trying to get more info for him before he installs this and has any issues?

anything else he should know about kis 7 before subjecting the system to it?? i have used it but only for a trial and did so on a fresh system then did a full format afterwards so im not sure if it affected anything..

thanks, love this forum

Last edited: Nov 8, 2007
  2. cupez80

cupez80 Registered Member

afaik version 7 dont use stream anymore. and i dont have chkdsk problem at all :D

3. clambermatic

clambermatic Registered Member

4. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

thanks for the link. im reading it now. are there any other known issues with it??

5. clambermatic

clambermatic Registered Member

hmm... the problem with Kasper's folks was they took their 'minions' of clients for granted. And based on what i've read here and other forums, i don't think KIS7 has totally eliminate it's associated ChkDsk problemos!

So... Cossack-made products are very very intriguing indeed, but b-alert when you bolt one on your rig. And don't get shocked when that rig of yours started spewing nuts & bolts just after a week!! :D

6. starter15

starter15 Registered Member

i just noticed that im experiencing this problem. phase 2 takes a few minutes to complete, whereas before it was very quick. does KAV/KIS 7 really have the potential to damage your hdd though?

also does this problem affect both the primary and secondary drives? It seems to be only slowing my primary c: drive.

7. King Grub

King Grub Registered Member

Damage the hardware? No. Even if the problem in question affects one in the worst way described, a format or re-imaging removes all traces. And it is a minority that has problems. I've used KIS non-stop since v 6 was released without issues, for example. A few minutes as you described seems "normal"; it simply takes more time since there are more objects.

8. steve1955

steve1955 Registered Member

Problems with Kav/Kis are blown out of all proportion at this forum,there seems to be a high number of Kaspersky bashers on here,but its to be expected as its really a forum for Nod,and users of any one AV seem to try and pick fault with others,suppose its to justify their choices

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.