KIS or individual apps?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by JerryM, Apr 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

I am trialing KAV6. I am wondering what are the thoughts regarding the suite vs individual programs. I currently run Ewido paid, LnS, and have Spysweeper. I also have Win Patrol Plus, and Spyware Guard in addition to the usual AS programs.

I suppose the KIS6 would have the AV, Firewall, and AS applications.
    It would be nice to have an application where the various programs would not ever conflict.

So far I have no conflict with any of the aforementioned apps. I did have an issue with Snoopfree, but it is solved I think. I would not expect the suite to act any different in regard to that conflict that KAV.

Does anyone here have experience with KIS 2006 or whatever it is called to the degree that you could make some recommendations as to the suite or keep what I have and go with KAV6?

Thanks,
    Jerry

2. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

IMHO, at the present time, KAV 6 and LookNStop are a better combination than KAV 6 and KAH in the Suite.

Although the AntiHacker firewall has made big improvements in the KIS 6 and is becoming an excellent firewall in its own right.

However, since you already have an excellent paid for firewall, for now why don''t you simply go for the standalone KAV6. Then, you can always upgrade to the Suite when KIS 6 has matured further.

3. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

I am inclined to do that. I am not having issues, and I think I have about as good firewall and security as one can reasonably get.

Thanks,
    Jerry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.