KIS license

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by larryb52, Jul 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. larryb52

larryb52 Registered Member

I've seen it mentioned that you need to convert you kaspersy key for a new one but sorry I missed the link where this needs to be done, can anyone help & thanks...

2. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

Why do you think you need to convert the key?

3. EliteKiller

EliteKiller Registered Member

4. larryb52

I used the key for kis 6 & it said it was wrong to secure a new license?

said is not for this appilcation?

5. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Yep, KIS 7. Can you say,"pop up, allow, create rule, 6 million times.:thumbd:

6. Graystoke

Graystoke Registered Member

I'm a little confused. Why would Kaspersky tell you you have the wrong key, and that you should secure a new license? Did you purchase your key directly from Kaspersky, or some discount site?

7. xl359

xl359 Registered Member

yes!!

8. Don Pelotas

Did you try to install it on Kav instead of Kis or vice versa. Did it mention the key was blacklisted or did you originally buy this key for version 5.0?......................in which case you will have to swing by support to receive a replacementkey.

9. larryb52

no key was the same one I bought as a twon license pack for my Laptop & my wifes was using it for 6kis

10. Don Pelotas

Larry, if this is a key then use notepad to open it see if says...."Kaspersky Personal Security Suite" or "Kaspersky Internet Security Suite"?

If it's a code then try to convert:https://activation.kaspersky.com/

11. larryb52

won't open in keypad but when I do go to load it, it sees that it's a key than sets the date accordingly but than when you go to next says it's for the wrong app...?

12. Don Pelotas

If it's a key then rightclick on it and use "Open with".......choose notepad in this case.

13. larryb52

I'll have to try it later as I'm at work now ;-( , but I'm sure we'll figure it out. First off bought this from Kaspersky but it loads as a commercial license, I noticed before I left. BUT it did work on KIS 6 but not 7. If not I'll secure a new license but we'll try the other avenues 1st...

14. Don Pelotas

It's probably because the key you bought was bought when 5.0 was still available and if thats why, then you simply contact support for a new key, but check it when you get home.

15. larryb52

thanks for your help Don, I'll let you know later...

16. larryb52

says security suite US edition...

17. Threedog

Threedog Registered Member

I have the same problem with my key for KAV. It works on version 6 but not for version 7. It isn't due to run out until August of next year. I sent an email to support on it but haven't heard anything back yet. I just used the 30 day trial key so hopefully I hear back by then. If not I will just have to go back to my version 6 of Kav.

18. Honyak

Honyak Registered Member

Same problem here also.

19. Rilla927

Rilla927 Registered Member

I have the same problem. I did email support and they told me they don't use keys no more that they use activation codes only. The activation code they sent me didn't work. It kept saying "key invalid".

I'm using the Kiss 7 trial and I deleted the key and then put in the activation and it didn't work.

I'm waiting to hear back from them. I just tried the Kav forum and I keep getting a error in Opera. It can't reach the forum.

20. Don Pelotas

21. larryb52

22. Don Pelotas

Larry, the 6.0 suite is called Kaspersky Internet Security Suite, if your key says Kaspersky Personal Security Suite which was the old 5.0 suite, then thats why you can use it on 6.0, but not on 7.0........again just contact support and get a new one.

23. larryb52

no Don I'll repeat It's version 6 bought a 2 license pack back Jan of this year so that's v6 & it says Internet Security Suite US edition but still won't load. I assume there's a glitch, btw never had v5, I waited till 6 came out...& I don't see an upgrade price on the kaspersky web page & not ready to play another 119 to get 2 license...

Last edited: Aug 2, 2007
  24. Don Pelotas

...................& i repeat contact support for a new key. You don't have to buy new keys! Can we now stay in the thread you have also opened at the Kaspersky forum? :)

25. larryb52

I just visited the Kaspersky forum looks like folks in the US that have license & keys for v6 are not working. You'll have to apply for new one & hope it works. I really don't know how you release software like this & have this kind of issue. I'm sure the tech staff is a bit busy right now...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.