kis firewall does not have app filtering or am i blind?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by zfactor, Dec 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

did i miss it somewhere or does it not allow for a simple click to block a app from web acces at times when i want it to like when i dont want a program to be able to update automatically? i dont always want an auto update till i see what is invlolved in the new version etc..thanks like that. i just dont see it and maybe its not there? if not then that sucks.. i like the ability to do it both ways .. rules and apps. so i guess each individual thing needs a rule than?

and also if it does not allow this what is the easiest way to achieve something like this. the kis7 is installed now on my mom's and my sisters computer and i want a easier way for them to be able to restrict a program from access to the internet. hope someone can help thanks

Last edited: Dec 11, 2007
  2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

The firewall does have app filtering. You just have to change Anti-Hacker from Low Security mode to Training mode to get prompts.

3. zfactor

i do have it in training mode. what i mea is a simple allow or deny for programs to access the internet at all.. as i said above at times i dont want certain programs to be able to auto update etc.. with other firewalls its very easy to write rules i want but also to just simply say deny for access at all.. know what i mean? not sure if im explaining it right

4. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

Its not as simple, but when you get the popup you can click Edit rules and use the Allow/Block all preset.

5. zfactor

ahh okay great thanks. i can write te rules but sometimes i just want to be able to allow or block easy..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.