KIS beginer settings

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Tony, May 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tony

Tony Registered Member

Hi, i recommended my friend to try kaspersky Internet security suite.
    He is however getting fed up with the constant pop ups from anti hacker and the proactive suite.

I am sure that i read on this forum i think, settings for a beginner intermediate and expert user but i cannot find them.

I seem to remember proactive only enabling the registry settings but i could be wrong.
    Can anyone find the link, or post the settings as i dont want to advise him wrong.

Ta :)

2. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

During installation, the user is given the option to use basic or interactive protection settings.

The basic protection settings is the default, and sets all components to their recommended levels. The user is only warned of dangerous events under these conditions.

Interactive protection allows for more control of what does and what doesn't happen on the computer. By default, the Application Integrity Control is dsiabled under this setting, but can be turned on by the user if so wished. The Registry Guard is enabled in this instance.

3. sunrise

sunrise Registered Member

for me, i will enable the proactive protection, but uncheck registry guard. that is good enough for me.

4. Sjoeii

Sjoeii Registered Member

Your friend has to be a little patient. The first couple of days the pop ups are really getting you nuts. :eek: KIS has to make rules for the programs on the PC, but once KIS has the rules there will be no or less pop ups and tthe PC is very safe

5. aigle

aigle Registered Member

See this thread. ( PDMs are not for ordinary users I believe. Infact PDMs must not be activated by default.)

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=166861&highlight=kaspersky

http://www.drtweak.com/index.php?topic=150.msg415#msg415

6. lodore

lodore Registered Member

the best thing to do would be to do is uninstall and reinstall and select basic mode.
    that will protect the user but not display the annoying prompts.
    or turn of registry guard and set antihacker to low secuirty.
    lodore

7. Tony

Tony Registered Member

I`ll pass the recommendations on.

Thanks for the advice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.