KIS 7.0 with Comodo 3.0 or not?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by chaos16, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chaos16

chaos16 Registered Member

Was not sure where to put this.

I know that Comodo 3.0 is still alpha but wanted to know

I used to use KIS 6.0 with Comodo Firewall pro ( with anntispam, firewall & proactive protection disabled)

Now i would like to know if with KIS 7.0 its good enough?

Or when Comodo Firewall 3.0 is released will it be better to have Comodo Firewall 3.0 with custom install of KIS 7.0? (with firewall, proactive protection and antispam off?)

Is the 7.0 firewall better than the 3.0 firewall of comodo? or does 3.0 have some advantages that 7.0 has not?

2. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

Just curious,if you want to use Comodo FW w/Kaspersky why use KIS and disable things? Why not just use Comodo FW and KAV?

3. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

Also if you disable the PDM, the KIS firewall wont be as good as Comodo. Would you also disable "Defense+" in Comodo?

4. chaos16

chaos16 Registered Member

the point of disabaling the pdm and firewall was to use the hips in 3.0 thats why.

and i want to know which is a better setup

KIS 7.0

or

KIS 7.0 with antivirus, file antivirus, web antivirus, privacy control, parental control and comodo firewall 3.0 with all features.

the point of having kis custom is that kis ha sthe extra privacy control thats why

5. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

Well Comodo v3 isnt final yet its hard to tell, but I *think* its Defense+ might be better than KIS' PDM.

Also I dont know if Comodo v3 will have any "privacy protection" so it will lack in that and in Parental Controls. KIS on the other hand has them. The question then would be if you really need them those two modules.

6. fce

fce Registered Member

i've tried Comodo ver.3 and its HIPS really great!

unfortunately i settle with KIS7 because of lesser chances of security conflict and error.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.