kis .323 and .325 causing problems for me..

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by zfactor, Feb 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

just wanted to update.. i tried the newer .323 version which is supposed to be .321 with the "b" already added in and on 2 different machines i have different issues.. i went back to the .321 and all is fine now...

on the laptop .323 and .325 both made browsing a chore i had to click some links twice or more and the would load 3/4 of the way and then take forever..

also on the laptop it would lock the left touchpad button "on" as if it were pressed down all the time.. i could still click it to use it but in the tray it showed it as being locked on.. this caused using a wireless mouse a chore because with that i could not use the left click button..

after simply uninstalling .323 and .325 and keeping activation and protection settings all is now fine..

on the desktop i had my ati drivers locking up on me. and also the slow browsing even more so than on the laptop.. the video upon rebotting would half the time not turn my monitor on the only way i could get it to come back on was to do a restart... again after re installing .321 all is not fine with doing NOTHING else.

i hope these are not what i should expect of the newer version coming out, arghhh ill be looking for another av again..

just wanted to let some of you know in case you are thinking of trying the "test" version of .323 out imo i would wait till they release the official one..

2. Hezakiah

Hezakiah Registered Member

I had the same problem you had with .323 with a page loading 3/4 of the way or taking a long time to load. I went back to .125 and everything is fine now.

3. lodore

lodore Registered Member

i have a slight freeze when i use firefox on a page with lots of content but other browsers arent affected since the B hotfix.
    lodore

4. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

That's exactly what it is - a test version. Even the developers have it marked as nct, that is, not completely tested. I wouldn't have this for day to day use unless you're testing and know how to rollback so to speak.

There's no real need to use this version anyway as build .321 gets the hotfix downloaded as part of updates.

5. zfactor

well 325 is "supposed to be the next "real" released version" from what everyone says and i had the same same exact issues with it i had with 323..

6. lodore

lodore Registered Member

but 325 isnt a released version yet so its expected to have bugs.

7. zfactor

well i mainly posted this because i saw a few recc the 323 version and i didnt want anyone to have the same issues with it...

8. subset

subset Registered Member

9. Sjoeii

Sjoeii Registered Member

10. Sjoeii

Sjoeii Registered Member

zfactor
    Both builds aren't official yet.
    321 is the most stable at the moment

11. proactivelover

proactivelover Registered Member

321 is also have some issue on win2000sp4
    when i open 4 or 5 web address on IE6
    THEY OPEN VERY SLOW AND AFTER SOME MINUTE I SAW IE6 ERROR
    and when i click send all pages gone i never got this problem on v125

12. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

Kaspersky released official .325 build in spanish language first: link. any ideas on why?

Strange as it is, they use to release official builds in english/russian languages first.....the so called globalization i guess :D

13. zfactor

from what i read on the kas forum some servers got the 325 by mistake.. cant say for sure but like they did on the us server they may put it back to .321..

14. rookieman

rookieman Registered Member

This grounded my Vista to a halt.I have since taken it off!I had a 110 days remaining on the suite:( I figured I would give something else a trial for a month and see if this still happened.It's been a so far so good situation:) When I hears that this slowness has been fixed I'll look at Kis again for sure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.