KIS 2014 SLOW

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by JerryM, Mar 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

I thought my internet was slower than previously, but checked with Centrury Link, and after about 45 minutes found that all was OK with my internet connections. You Tube was loading and reloading so was not very usable. I tried my laptop with BD and it was not doing so.

I seem to remember that KIS has some components that many find slows the computer.
    Can anyone help?
    Thanks,
    Jerry

2. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

According to your sig you are running MBAM in real time. Try disabling that and see if that fixes it. Or if you insist on continuing to run it that way (your option), make sure to set exclusions in both programs for each other, it will help some.

3. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

HI Jack,
    Although I have run MBAM in real time with all the AVs I have used, it does appear that there is some problem with it now.
    I disabled KIS and at first thought the problem was solved, but then it began again. I then disabled MBAM and the slowness ceased. I removed and reinstalled KIS, and all is well at this time.

If the problem reappears I will do a you suggest as there does seem to be some problem with MBAM and maybe a conflict with KIS.

Thanks, again,
    Jerry

4. FleischmannTV

FleischmannTV Registered Member

JerryM, what is your patch level? It should be at least (e) or (f).

5. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Patch level is f.
    Hate to admit this, but I don't see how to exclude MBAMo_O o_O
    Jerry

6. cruelsister

cruelsister Registered Member

If you have turned on Application Control in Kaspersky I severely doubt that MB would add anything meaningful.

7. harlan4096

harlan4096 Registered Member

8. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Thanks. Got it.:thumb:
    Jerry

9. xxJackxx

Application Control or Trusted Applications Mode? I ask because Application Control is enabled by default. I am giving Trusted Applications Mode a spin right now to see if it is usable. I'm hoping it is so I can impose it on everyone at work. :D

10. cruelsister

cruelsister Registered Member

Yes, I did mean Trusted Applications Mode. In your setting it would be perfect, as long as the individual user doesn't disable ANY of the other protection settings (this will disable TAM). It really is just a whitelist where anything not known is blocked, and it works quite well.

The only issue you may have is if any propriety software preexists on your systems. Initial exclusions would then have to be done at baseline.

11. xxJackxx

I am testing on my personal machines and set it up for 1 user in the office. So far testing is going well. Settings are password protected so nobody but me can change them. :D

If by late tomorrow there are no issues I am going to start rolling it our for everyone. :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.